The Taiwan Weather Thread 2020

Socks. We need wool socks. Not too thick or they will never dry - heck mine have been out in the balcony since Thursday…

So starts the weekly visits to the community coin drier…

2 Likes

Seems like everyone’s in a bad mood today. Must be the weather. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Yes, the shorts and light Tshirts have been packed away, replaced by thicker Tshirts, Jackets and Long pants/Jeans. Feet need to get used to shoes again too - at least that hides the suntan stripes from wearing sandals.

2 Likes

Eh as per experts there is chance tonight it will start snowing in Yushan.

And no sun, only rain and cold, is the gloomy forecast this week up North.

Man, my cute pedicure is still holding. Pity to cover it, but brrrr

2 Likes

I’m still wearing summer clothing. It’s just cool and nice to not need AC. Feels like about 60f which isn’t bad.

50f back in Texas felt chilly.

1 Like

Given the blast of cold air I felt tonight in the Taipei basin, I would not be surprised if snow is coming!

Guy

1 Like

Maybe it will snow for Xmas!

2 Likes

Maybe it’s my Northern European heritage, but I’m loving this cold, gloomy weather. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Quite a pleasant surprise after the last two fake winters!

2 Likes

It’s not so bad. In the afternoon a cup of tea always cheers.

1 Like

Same. Coming from Chicago blizzards to Taiwan, if this is the coldest its going to get, you betcha imma milk it for all its worth.

1 Like

Blech. Yuck. Awful. I miss my bicycle. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!

(Don’t care much about the cold. Just stop this dumb useless rain-mist nonsense.)

3 Likes

I think you just dumped Freddie Mercury into a hole! :open_mouth:

Guy

3 Likes

Yeah it amused me more than the other clips that popped up when I googled the Queen lyrics. Plus it had sunshine and cute fluffy bunnies. I hope I haven’t stumbled into some awful cultural faux pas. I think it’s from pinterest, so god knows what kind of slash fiction I may be tapping into there.

Here, have a muppet instead. I’m sure nothing suspect has ever been done with or conjectured about a muppet.

1 Like

Party pooper. But yeah, I could do without the drizzle.

2 Likes

My dog misses his walks.

Strange about how some dogs insist on their daily walk … until the door opens to reveal rain pouring down … and an immediate about turn follows.

2 Likes

Bobby is very smart boy, ifit is too cold, he won’t even get out of bed. But one week has gone by, he’s growing restless.

I’ve actually run away to Kaohsiung. It’s lovely here.

2 Likes

4 Likes