The Taiwan Weather Thread 2021

I hope at least some of the waterfall coming down from the sky today ended up in at least some of our reservoirs.

Guy

Why is SO ORANGE outside???

1 Like

Yeah bizzaro lighting outside now. :astonished:

Guy

It’s like Blade Runner or The Martian.

It rained too much.

3 Likes

Not good. . . .

Guy

What is this?

paddy field

2 Likes

Hot up north and forecast to stay that way for a while.

Just about until October I’d say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Extremely high temps right as Dragon Boat hits sounds just about right.

1 Like

This is just not nice. Can’t clean, can’t move, it is too hot.

Look at that map.

Then think about all the times I’ve been told by Taipei people: “Kaoshiung? I could never live there. It’s too hot!”

Guy

1 Like

I wonder if that’s some sort of ancestral no-longer-true memory: maybe back before Taipei’s heat island effect took off, Kaohsiung was hotter all year. The “Kaohsiung is hotter than Taipei!” belief may be sticking around decades too long, like “Oh, Taipei totally empties out and shuts down at Chinese New Year!”

I still prefer Taipei’s weather to Tainan’s, but the higher pollution in the south is 80% of the reason for that. Or maybe 100%.

I think it’s due to the fact that there are rain and stuff down south. Rain really reduces the temp by at least 5 degrees C, and cloud cover too. Otherwise map like this shifts all the time.

???

Lack of rain is more like it.

Guy

Taipei is hotter than Kao in Summer, you can feel it if you travel between the two. Kao is hotter than Taipei in the winter, thus it depends on the season.

1 Like

It’s rained down there a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Hearing rain will come in this afternoon or tomorrow to Taipei. We need it to cool down the temps!

2 Likes

For central Taipei, I’m seeing cooled down temperatures and rain starting this evening:

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/tw/臺北/I1236

Guy

2 Likes