The Taiwanese are the BEST Drivers in the World

Hardly

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f7a_1313858498

Another one-is it pointless to keep posting them or am i doing a service to the foreign community in warning everyone.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e67_1313829294

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=723_1313686853

And everyone just goes his merry way … (the last link, scooter crash)

The truck driver was probably on the phone while reaching for some beetel nut … scratching his crotch and picking his nose …

At least the super woofers work upside down. I wonder if the nodding dog still nods.

It’s despicable that in the last video you posted, it’s like nothing at all happened as everyone just sits there while some, albeit dumbwit, has been smacked into the asphalt.

Bowling http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0b7_1314028208

this is why you should never run red lights.

youtube.com/watch?v=3qnvzvCIq0I

Whatever.

This shit happens every single day in hundreds of other countries throughout the world, including the ones all the “foreign community” come from. As for the scooter accident and everyone getting along with life… both people in the crash got up and walked away. There’s nobody on the ground when the camera car rolls through. Done. Nothing more you can contribute to this. So move along. At least they didn’t act like people in the States and rubberneck the damn thing into a 20 mile long traffic jam on the other side of the crash.

The overturn one was hardly an overturn. The camera fell off the dashboard from hitting the divider poles. That’s it. Yep, he was stupid for moving into the van’s blindspot and even stupider for not having the reaction time to slow down for the THREE or FOUR seconds that he had to avoid the accident once the van started to move over. Shitty driver, he’s going to crash eventually. Basically anyone with a freakin’ figurine and a camera on their dashboard is bound to not care about driving, so this was eventually going to happen, it’s just great luck this one got recorded and posted on the internet.

These same BS “OMG THE DRIVERS ARE TERRIBLE HERE” hyperboles are the same reason why people think places like HWY 9 (which is a beautiful and quite safe drive) is a terrible death trap, and all sorts of other crap that keeps people from enjoying the most out of the roads here.

[quote=“mabagal”]Whatever.

This shit happens every single day in hundreds of other countries throughout the world, including the ones all the “foreign community” come from. As for the scooter accident and everyone getting along with life… both people in the crash got up and walked away. There’s nobody on the ground when the camera car rolls through. Done. Nothing more you can contribute to this. So move along.[/quote]

Pretty hard to imagine that neither party was injured there - the guy who gets up and exits stage left does so clutching his mouth. He might have concussion or a broken jaw or worse. You could stop to see if he is okay and then make sure he stays sitting down until the ambulance comes. There are also two scooters lying on the road which represent a hazard to other motorists. You could stand by the road and warn approaching vehicles. And, lastly, you could be a witness in the resulting legal dispute, especially if you have video footage of the whole damn thing.

That shit doesn’t happen every day in my country.

Well here’s some statistics from South Africa for last year’s “festive” season, 1 December to 11 January:

[quote]1 221 fatal crashes […] occurred resulting in 1 551 fatalities.

Ø 5822 vehicles being impounded / suspended / discontinued.

Ø 9 182 drivers were arrested.

Ø 3 332 arrested for drunk driving.

Ø 100 for reckless driving.

Ø 415 for excessive speed.

Ø 23 for overloading.

Ø 553 189 fines issued for various offences.[/quote]

Source: ldrt.gov.za/?p=2028

Go figure.

Just imagine one of the vehicles involved was driven by a waiguoren … all hell would break lose …

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]this is why you should never run red lights.

youtube.com/watch?v=3qnvzvCIq0I[/quote]

And it is also the reason you should never assume anyone else knows what the red light means. I slow down going through every intersection because you never know what the retard coming the other way is thinking.

[quote=“mabagal”]Whatever.

This shit happens every single day in hundreds of other countries throughout the world, including the ones all the “foreign community” come from. As for the scooter accident and everyone getting along with life… both people in the crash got up and walked away. There’s nobody on the ground when the camera car rolls through. Done. Nothing more you can contribute to this. So move along. At least they didn’t act like people in the States and rubberneck the damn thing into a 20 mile long traffic jam on the other side of the crash.

The overturn one was hardly an overturn. The camera fell off the dashboard from hitting the divider poles. That’s it. Yep, he was stupid for moving into the van’s blindspot and even stupider for not having the reaction time to slow down for the THREE or FOUR seconds that he had to avoid the accident once the van started to move over. Shitty driver, he’s going to crash eventually. Basically anyone with a freakin’ figurine and a camera on their dashboard is bound to not care about driving, so this was eventually going to happen, it’s just great luck this one got recorded and posted on the internet.

These same BS “OMG THE DRIVERS ARE TERRIBLE HERE” hyperboles are the same reason why people think places like HWY 9 (which is a beautiful and quite safe drive) is a terrible death trap, and all sorts of other crap that keeps people from enjoying the most out of the roads here.[/quote]

you’re wrong

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f7a_1313858498[/quote]
What I can’t understand is how does all this get recorder. Who are these people who have camera’s rolling as they drive?

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f7a_1313858498[/quote]
What I can’t understand is how does all this get recorder. Who are these people who have camera’s rolling as they drive?[/quote]

Yes you buy a camera at the local electronics store in taiwan. Most people have them, as they are afraid of being blamed for accidents that aren’t their fault. When you turn the car on the camera starts recording, when you turn the car off the camera stops.

Well in actual fact the drivers are quite awful here going by accident and death reports issued by the Taiwan government. I’ve done all this research before, albeit around four years ago now. According to the government, this year the accident rates are up over last year! :astonished:
It’s not that Taiwan is the worst place (albeit almost) in the world for road related deaths that shocks me, but that considering its state of development overall, its practically the worst developed country in the world going by its accident and death rates per capita.

[quote=“Super Hans”]At least the super woofers work upside down. I wonder if the nodding dog still nods.

It’s despicable that in the last video you posted, it’s like nothing at all happened as everyone just sits there while some, albeit dumbwit, has been smacked into the asphalt.[/quote]

I guess the people are paralyzed by the stupidity.

They drive horribly. I really think it’s this country’s number one issue concerning safety, international image and overall welfare. Driving safely can be taught through education and enforced by a vigilant and responsible police force-it’s done in nations all over the world in some countries even less developed than Taiwan. It’s frustrating and disappointing because it can be realistically obtainable. It sets the pace for the whole country really. Read some of the comments left by viewers on the videos-if Taiwan is so concerned with its international image then they should address this problem.

More car accidents:

Road rage-

Compilation with some loud music

I notice there were a lot of blow outs due to overloading trucks and lack of maintenance-both can be enforced by the police.

Old favorite-

Most drivers are probably per-occupied by thoughts about money, stock market, the new iPhone, computer … and not really paying attention to the road … oh, and the gambling attitude … 1in2 chance of making it through a red light safely …

[quote=“pqkdzrwt”]
Yes you buy a camera at the local electronics store in Taiwan. Most people have them, as they are afraid of being blamed for accidents that aren’t their fault. When you turn the car on the camera starts recording, when you turn the car off the camera stops.[/quote]
I see. Now I want one for my bike. :slight_smile:

There’s most likely some serious Taiwanese ‘anti-logic’ thinking from the government with the general public’s inability to demonstrate average driving skills. Something along the lines of, if all road users get proper driver’s training and skills, people will be confident to drive faster and be more dangerous. That makes no sense whatsoever, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it was one of the reasons behind the never ending circus out there.

Happened to read this in today’s rag: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2011/08/24/2003511501