The Trump era law and order thread

See edit above.

Wow, this really does look like a repeat of 2016. A bunch of overconfident Democrats being taken for a ride by the media. I wonder if there’ll be screaming at the sky and pussy hats like last time around. :grin:

3 Likes

Not really. Biden’s lead is a lot more stable than Clinton’s. And despite desperate attempts to assassinate his character, voters don’t hold the same animus for him that they did for Hillary.

Like I told the horse, we’ll see. Maybe I’ll have egg on my face in November. But maybe you will.

2 Likes

True. Voters don’t really hate Biden, they just feel sorry for him.

Just no screaming or pussy hats, OK?

3 Likes

IDK if I would be so confident about that. A LOT of people are buying it. It’s an easy sell when the news feeds are all riots, fires, looting, assaults and people not being arrested properly.

Sad like now Trump has had a stroke sad, or sad Trump is a Russian asset sad? I need to know how much to adjust my outrage gauge.

1 Like

I didn’t know I was so unclear. Nobody’s buying the very obvious attempt to shift the focus, especially when this is coupled with very little said about the most pressing issue of the virus and its fallout. It’s sad because it’s so obvious. And I would add lame.

2 Likes

I had no idea that it had reached THAT level of seriousness.

Now maybe you get a little sense of most of the world’s reaction to Trump’s “sad.” His sad is just so sad. And lame.

2 Likes

I think the polls are deeply flawed, the flaws of 2016 are have gotten exponentially larger.

I look at the reaction of both campaigns to get an idea on internal polls.

Trump was clearly in trouble a few weeks ago. He went full nuclear on some of the biggest spending in ads. He was clearly going to lose if election happened at that time.

Now trump has moved to the strategy of blaming the riots on Joe Biden and the Democrats the last 2-3 weeks. Biden didn’t have to really address this but it’s clear the riots have not stopped and gotten worse.

Has it worked?

It looks like it Has as Joe Biden’s campaign now fully switched from blaming Trump for the virus to being on the defensive against the accusations of being to blame for the riots. Biden is now following trumps lead after being called out for not going to Kenosha.

I’m seeing betting odds put Biden up by a hair only now, where as Biden was the clear winner by landslide more than a month ago.

I think this is not going to work as a defense. Speaking to my family in the places where protests, riots, and BLM mobs are. They now have to be political when they weren’t normally. Lots of people don’t care much about Biden or Trump, but they see Trump keep saying he would come in if the state and local leaders allows it. Most of these are in democrat controlled cities.

And be fair, would you not call out Trump for overstepping if he just went in? You can’t have it both ways. Blame him for the riots while not allowing him to come help. People who don’t care about politics normally will see this.

If nobody is buying this “shift of focus” which is what politicians do. Why would Biden’s campaign back off the virus and go full defensive on the rioting? Follow the money. Where are they spending money on.

1 Like

Has any significant part of the world stopped doing business with Trump’s America? I’m not feeling or seeing it.

Iran doesn’t want to be our friend and blew up their own planes and battleships to prove their point. Does that count?

1 Like

Well, trade with Iran seems down, but that may just be the sanctions talking.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5070.html

I think you’re very wrong. In fact, not only are lots of voting somebodies buying it but the big, grand commissar poobah running Biden’s campaign is buying all of it.

Why else would Trump be able to flush Biden out of his Wilmington basement before Labor Day? The only way Biden gets out of his basement before Labor Day long enough to visit Kenosha, WI (of all godforsaken places), and hide from the press is to deny deny deny that the Democrats own this summer’s rioting.

Pretty sure that if you’re looking for buyers then look no further than Biden’s campaign. :idunno:

2 Likes

The Cohibas have also stopped flowing in (legally) :disappointed_relieved:

At least I can get them in the UK.

Due to a US trade embargo with Cuba, Cubatabaco cannot sell its Cohiba cigars in the United States while they are sold worldwide and in Cuba.

last part made me laff.

How’s the import of NK ginseng these days? Do they still hate us or did Dennis Rodman fix it?

I wonder if Kim’s sister enjoys the Worm’s company.

I bet she would just let it loose and go wild with Rodman. I can tell her wild side has been suppressed.

Speaking of how the world reacted to Trump. Last time I check, Taiwan has responded pretty good :upside_down_face:

It will be interesting. I think historians will write about these 4 years for ages to come with the politics and virus and all. Pretty cool that we’re in the middle of something people will read about a hundred years from now.

Actually…maybe not so cool. It’s kind of shit.

1 Like