The Trump era law and order thread

Most Americans don’t support defund the police. They are like me. Troubled by the militarization of the police and lack of accountability. But we want a well funded police that well trained that is also easily held accountable.

Biden may not have directly said he wants that (I have to check) but the democrats have at the state and local level. So it’s attached to Biden like it or not. It’s up to Biden if he will denounce it. Which I hope he does. But it will alienate some of his supporters because it’s not trump supporters that want to defund the police.

Here is your data data data.

Ok so admittedly you are attributing whatever any Biden voter does to Biden himself? The only reason you would think he supports it is because you are in the conservative bubble. It’s pretty much common knowledge that he doesn’t.

“While I do not believe federal dollars should go to police departments violating people’s rights or turning to violence as the first resort, I do not support defunding police,” he wrote. “The better answer is to give police departments the resources they need to implement meaningful reforms, and to condition other federal dollars on completing those reforms.” - Biden

There’s a way out of the trap, and the smarter ones are taking it:

1 Like

Ok. So you picked the he’s a weak leader because he can’t keep local democrats in line. :wink:

Are you trying to avoid admitting you’re wrong and change the subject? Let’s post it again.

Oh I see it. Which means he’s too weak to get local democrats to fall in line.

So a random protesters holds up a sign that says 'Defund the Police" and that’s proof Biden is a weak leader? I don’t think that deserves a response. At least everyone can see your narrative about Biden supporting defund the police is wrong.

Now if only all democrats could fall in line and believe the same thing, no diversity of thought. And then maybe we could all get matching hats?

1 Like

Nope. That’s not I said. I said local democrats that run these places. You’ve corrected me, I was wrong to say Biden wants to defund the police. So now Biden doesn’t want to defund the police but he’s too weak to tell the local democratic leaders to stop trying to defund the police.

Thanks for clearing up my mistake. :wink:

If as you said, nobody’s buying the fact that law and order are breaking down in Democrat cities, then Biden didn’t have to do squat.

If nobody’s buying it, then Biden’s chances of winning are safer if he had just stayed in his basement. He wouldn’t have had to take any chances at all if nobody’s buying it.

In fact lots of Americans are buying it, and Biden’s campaign knows it.

I said something altogether different above. But it’s all right, guys. I’m done with this thread for the day. It’s Friday and I’m shifting my thoughts to more enjoyable things.

2 Likes

I’m not certain how much local leaders support defund the police. I’ve seen most Democratic politicians denounce. The perception in the conservative bubble is quite different I’m sure. But even if a local leaders does support defund the police I think that just shows Democrats are less of a cult and have diversity of thought. That’s a good thing. We can have conversations.

Funny thing is all this fear that extremists are taking over the Democratic party when it’s already happened to the Republicans. " They’re going to bring marxism and take your guns away!" Yeah none of that’s happened. Just like Antifa isn’t going to take over the party. There are two centrists running. So who’s being hyperbolic?

1 Like

No word on whether he said he couldn’t breathe…

You keep telling yourself that a guy who voted for Biden on the ticket and opposed trump is the one in the bubble :wink:

1 Like

The guy had been arrested once already by police this summer in Portland, on July 5, for resisting and other charges. Of course the Portland DA dropped all charges, and whatever mental condition caused this (now dead) murderer to obsess about the summer’s protests in Portland festered and grew worse until he shot a Trump supporter dead on the street.

But never fear, folks, it’s not like law and order in Portland has broken down or anything. Democrat leadership is strong, obviously. Move along, nothing to be learned here.

Look over there, covid19!! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And your whole family is voting for Trump too. Sure proved me wrong. :wink:

Don’t you mean look everywhere?

Not anymore. That was last May or so.

Covid is done.

You don’t live in the US do you? I can assure it’s not done. Ask any parent what they’re going through right now with no plan and no end in sight.

No, it’s done. As a major health threat to the US, it’s finished. We no longer have to worry about our hospital capacity being overrun.

All that’s left is removing the fear and allowing things to get back to normal.

I don’t know who they will vote for. They’re not very political. But like I said. I’ve been open minded about both sides unlike you.