The US needs Medicaid for all

What would Jesus Do?

1 Like

I think he would render unto Caesar which is Caesarā€™s and ask everyone else to help out their communities.

1 Like

Cute calling me entitled. You donā€™t know anything about me like your stupid rants of how Iā€™m xenophobic.

Human rights canā€™t be given.

I donā€™t know. Built some cabinets? Do some framing? Heā€™s that Jewish carpenter guy who some believe was the son of god, right?

1 Like

No, many who understand logic and language makes it as well. Including my parents who grew up poor. And me, who grew up lower middle class when I was young and middle class when I was older.

so by your logic, big companies should be left alone by the government.
funny how they are the first to demand governmental help in a crisis like this and how they are the first to receive it.

see above

3 Likes

I just donā€™t understand how Americans keep arguing for a failed health care system when itā€™s demonstrably failing the people itā€™s supposed to protect in front of their very eyes. Every other country uses NHI besides America, and Americaā€™s system fails it people more frequently more often than any rich country. What else needs to be said?

3 Likes

Help people himself. Jesus did not govern or call for governmental changes. Lots of free clinics for you to donate to. Have you done so? I have been doing it since HS.

1 Like

So countries with NHI arenā€™t failing? Have you checked Europe?

1 Like

Oh no. They should pay an equal percentage of taxes as any other citizen. No less, but certainly no more just because they have money due to their hard work.

Why should I have to pay more taxes than anyone else just simply because I worked my ass off, saved money, invested wisely and didnā€™t blow my money on drugs, alcohol and fags?

It is interesting you can be compassionate in your personal life yet embrace systems of economic thought that are disproportionately cruel in your political beliefs. Iā€™m sorry, Andrew, but I dont think Jesus would embrace ā€˜fuck you go die if youā€™re poorā€™ as an ethos in a situation like this. Nor would you.

This tells me you are good person that has bought into an ideology. Isnā€™t it a lot of work keeping that going?

5 Likes

I think you might be selling yourselves a bit short here.

Oh waitā€¦Brexit. OK, we got you beat.

I have absolutely no problem with the US health care system. No one in my family does either. Oh wait, I forgot about my motherā€™s younger sister and her extended family of drug addicts, cigarette smokers, alcoholics and welfare fiends. Yes, Iā€™m guessing that they arenā€™t too happy with the US health care system.

a forum is not a grammar contest. and if you blame others of illogical thinking then please elaborate on your own logic to proof others wrong.

1 Like

Anyone living in TW enjoying NHI watching it work far better than the US far far better kind of needs to step aside in this debate, sorry.

3 Likes

Because you donā€™t have to use it and you have a better one you can entrust your safety and health to.

1 Like

Dunno. Smugness Tax, maybe?

1 Like

Forcing others to comply with your moralistic standards by taking away their choice and property to fund it is not compassion.

Youre telling people they can go die on the street if theyā€™re broke too bad, enjoying NHI yourself somewhere, and then telling others about their ā€˜moralistic standardsā€™?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing I get most frustrated with you. You only see it as black or white if Someone is a compassionate person if they agree with you. Theyā€™re horrible people that hate the poor, are xenophobic, saying fuck you and die, etc.

Itā€™s not true. And I hope you open your mind to other ideas and listen instead of attributing everyone is evil for not wanting this logic.

No one has said ā€œfuck you and dieā€. Thatā€™s a ridiculous straw man and offensive as fuck.

1 Like