The US needs Medicaid for all

The cost of American education system and medical liability is too cost prohibitive for nationalized healthcare. A litigious society where one frivolous lawsuit can wipe out any doctor’s savings. Without the enticement of 6 figure annual salaries and social status few would consider taking on the challenges of becoming a physician.

1 Like

It seems unlikely to me that after suffering through a viral outbreak which disproportionately targets the elderly that Americans will choose a healthcare system that is forced to allocate fewer resources when those allocations almost invariably negatively effect the elderly. But who knows, Americans can be stupid just like everyone else.

1 Like

so all other countries that have national health plans are stupid, just the us is smart enough to see that privatized health care is the way to go? :thinking: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

“Oh wait”

:joy: It’s funny you actually think you got me or something.

You are the captain of your destiny.

For many people, it’s not A viable option without dire consequences.

You’ll do better if you actually read and respond to what I write and not what happens in your feelz.

Exactly, all the other countries can do it, but there’s no way America the richest and most powerful country in the world could do it.

:ok:

1 Like

:ok: !

1 Like

Of course the US could do it. But I’ve said before, it’s not a one size fits all solution. Different countries have done it with various results. Even the most cost efficient system like Taiwan’s is extremely costly. And I don’t think the American lifestyle fits this system making it even more costly. And it comes down to American values on how much responsibility the state should have over them.

1 Like

No brainer who’s time had come 40 years ago. Get it done

1 Like

This. People come all over the world to become a doctor in the US. It’s one reason the US has arguably the best doctors in the world and is leading medical advancement.

:100:

(edit: sorry @lotus425 I replied to you mistakenly. )

1 Like

arguments against national health care system are always the same in the us: first, costs too much…wtf the us has the most expensive health care system in the world already. second, but that not the american way of life, goes against our freedom, we want to be able to choose etc. well guess what, millions of people in the us don’t have the freedom to choose what kind of health insurance they want because they can’t afford any, not even the most basic. in every other country that has a national health plan, if you want additional health coverage, there are plenty of private health insurances that will provide you with those services. so what’s so wrong with providing the poor with a basic health insurance and allowing everyone who can can afford it to be privately insured if they wish to do so? i know it has to be subsidized but there should be a human right to health in the us.

3 Likes

The way American society operates is also the reason why everything, not just medicare, is expensive.

Most other countries it’s much harder to sue and there aren’t nearly as many lawyers per capita as there are in the US.

It’s not necessarily anything to do with medicare being expensive, it’s the way American society demands the way businesses are conducted that makes medical care expensive in the US. The fact that America is dominated by big business does not help as insurance companies is actually one of the biggest, if not the biggest industry in the US.

Fact is most Americans are stuck with whatever health insurance provider their employer chooses. Oftentimes deductible is very high.

2 Likes

First they came for the capital letters, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a letterist.

Then they came for the grammar, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a grammaticist.

Then they came for logic—and there was no one left to speak for me.

1 Like

Because it’s not a human right. Human rights are something you have, can’t be given to you. Certainly not by the government.

It will cost even more costly with useless bureaucrats clogging up the system with high government salaries and are not subject to any real pressure to be efficient in cost. This has to be done in 50 states, some not even on the mainland.

I could see it potentially done with more success on the state level.

People value the ability to choose. Idk what to say, it’s just how Americans are. I respect it.

2 Likes

Then who pays? The rich have to carry the poor?

No thanks. I’ll take care of me and my family and others should do the same.

Rich, entitled people are the only people that ever make this argument.

4 Likes

WWJD?

1 Like

Sorry. I’m a boomer. You’ll have to spell it out.

1 Like