They aren't sending their best

Just by sheer numbers. In the good ol days it was Canadians, then South Africans, etc… depends on which country of origin most of the new recruits have. Eventually, those go home/move on to other professions/whatever and are replaced by the teacher origin country du jour. Currently it is fashionable for Taiwanese/Americans/Canadians/etc to get in touch with their roots and spending some time teaching English while staying at grannie´s/auntie´s home seems to do the trick.

It is the pendulum swinging from the time they would beat up people for looking funny. Like the press, that went from a script to… printing whataveh and no one can complain.

Overseas compatriot´s family probably has hukou. He is a whisker away from being drafted, out on a technicality. Now that would be fun.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

C’mon, this is advanced mirroring technique. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m am undercover @the_bear

Wait is he not white…? He looks so by the picture provided.

That probably sounds dumb but my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

Looks like he’s ABC to me.

Maybe he identifies as white tho?

1 Like

Oh yeah taking another look, that makes sense. The photo artifacts made it look like he had facial hair so I got confused, and I didn’t bother looking at the hair type.

That would be taking a step backward. He’s Asian American FFS! Or maybe he just identifies as white when he’s really drunk.

If he was a pale face, his full name, home address, work address, favorite restaurant address, favorite song and film names, FACEBOOK, Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit handles would have been included in the article. Oh and depending on his sexual preferences, gf and exgf data too.

I wished I was kidding…

7 Likes

Haha I believe it. Sucks…

That’s why the k-man get paid the big bucks!

And English teaching at 700 nt an hour same as 20 years ago is not good money either.

It was good 20 years ago.

Well if you wanted to be a star be a pale faced young English teacher in Taiwan. Money for nothing and the sex is free…even if sometimes you are in dire straits.

1 Like

700 an hour?
pffft, I wish it was that high!

I only make 250 per hour, but it’s because I don’t have a degree and refuse to shave my ZZ Top beard.

1 Like

They want him to leave the police station on his own because arresting him leads to mah fan. They wanna go back to doing zip

Well I got u beat , 30 years ago I made 500 nt an hour Nyah née Nyah Nyah…hyuck hyuck…and the money was for nothing and the sex was free …well almost free.

Shit you should charge 800 nt an hour just for that beard.

1 Like

Woohoo you should get paid extra

2 Likes

And I bet the K-ster is making less than an English teacher. :sunglasses: