Things to do evenings in Xindian?

Hi there. My girlfriend and I are looking to find some new things to do in the Hsindien area during evenings. We like to go to bars and if anyone has any suggestions we’d appreciate it. What else is there to do around here nights? We moved into the Zhongyang area a month and a half ago and are tired of the same ol’.

The Green Hornet by Bitan is a nice place to hang out for a chat.

Have you found The Green Hornet yet? It’s in the nightmarket street. Walk past the entrance to the footbridge (look out for Athulas Roti Stand just past the bridge on the right too. Brilliant stuff therre) Keep walking another couple of mins down the road,and you’ll see the green Neon sign on the left. Open from 5pm till the last person rolls out of the door. They also have really good food…closed on Mondays.

Head to Wulai for a hot spring.

Yep, Zhongyang is really pretty for evening strolls but I’ve seen few restaurants or places to hang out. Yep, Bitan is the place to go. Walk the malecon, stop at the Green Hornet for a bite. Or come to Dapingling for window shopping. Closest night market is Jinmei, unless you want to join the dancing crowds at Xindian Elementary.

Hiking on the small mountain (Hemeishan) located across the suspension bridge.

I heard the suspension bridge is going to close for repairs for half a year though.

Stroll along Guangming Road (close to the Xindian MRT Station). Used to be a second-run theater there; not sure if its still open.

Theatre is back open. Are you sure about the bridge? They closed it last year or the year before for repairs.

Bloody shoddy Japanese construction.

Yes, they’re going to close it. As I understand it, it has something to do with shoring up the cables on the east side because of the huge apartment complex that is going up on the block opposite there. Things are going to be very messy for a very long time when all that gets going, possibly including some protests, etc. It will be a choice between waiting for the little mini bus to the MRT station or just walking over the traffic bridge while the repairs are underway.

Come and babysit my child so I can go out and get pissed. We have a big-screen TV.

If you’re lucky, you might be able to catch them Monkey Rated Panhandlers playing an outdoor.

I hear they frequent that area.

[quote=“the chief”]If you’re lucky, you might be able to catch them Monkey Rated Panhandlers playing an outdoor.

I hear they frequent that area.[/quote]
Dude! The fellow is talking about culture!

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“the chief”]If you’re lucky, you might be able to catch them Monkey Rated Panhandlers playing an outdoor.

I hear they frequent that area.[/quote]
Dude! The fellow is talking about culture![/quote]

As my Uncle Brian says:

Thanks for the tips. Yeah I go to The Green Hornet fairly often since discovering it two months ago.

I was at Bitan yesterday for the first time in about 10 years. That place has changed for the worse. It used to have a good vibe but now it’s too gentrified.

When are you guys gonna be playing next?

Reviving this thread after eight years to say: here’s one thing in Xindian that’s no longer possible to do:

Did any forumosans ever visit this place?

Guy

Nope. I am a long time resident of Xindian and never visited.

It was not conveniently located nor ever heard anything good about it.

I went by a couple times when it started a couple years ago. Seemed to be invisible.

Looks like it was just another money dump kickback scheme, common business plan Taiwan.

Edit: Maybe new MRT line will help later.

1 Like

I liked it and thought was a good space with good interesting food, but it’s too fucking far from everything. It could be cool with the go kart track and all the foreign food, but toooo far

What is there to do these days in Xindian?

Ride bike
Driving Range
Some swimming places?
Saw people fishing (maybe fly fishing)
Ikea