Things you don't see in Taiwan anymore

Canadians getting busted for drugs, getting slapped by PFP politicians or running through airports claiming to know A-bian.

Too well behaved these days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but it was a glorious time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I also miss Mordeth stirring up shit with his motorbike vids.

5 Likes

I see high school and college kids putting arms around shoulders all the time but never holding hands.

Think mordeth is still posting on YouTube
He’s got another kid now and another wife

1 Like

I think he has mellowed in middle age as we all seem to do.

1 Like

No idea where you live, but I still see plenty of these dudes around. Bonus points for two keychains overloaded with keys. Double bonus for dual cell phones.

3 Likes

Well, dove into that rabbit hole. Never heard of him, but found his videos quite easily. Not bad for a few of them that I clicked through.
Here’s the link for any other curious people:

2 Likes

That is f…ing irritating or shouting “Where you come from”" How about they mind their own f…ing business.

3 Likes

Probably illegal now along with everything else, but gay sex and transgender synchronized swimming.

1 Like

:rofl:

They are just being friendly. It can be irritating if you are not in the mood, but it comes from a good place.

2 Likes

Bit of an unnecessary burst of homophobia mate. I love a bit of transgender synchronized swimming me.

5 Likes

No it comes from entitlement of assuming you can ask strangers about their personal lives, not a good place at all.

2 Likes

They can not say anything, then we can go back to the thread of how Taiwanese are not friendly…

Taiwanese do have a habit of asking even themselves THE most personal and irritating questions

3 Likes

Asking where you come from I don’t think is that bad. Pretty normal ice breaker IMO. However when relatives straight up ask you how much money you make or how much money you have… that’s crossing the line.

3 Likes

It is NOT normal to ask strangers “Where do you come from?” Where is this normal in developed countries ? Do you walk up to people in let’s say the UK on the street or bus and say “Where do you come from?”

2 Likes

I wouldn’t talk to strangers in a street unless I needed something. But if you see someone on a regular basis such as a class or building… and they are looking to make friends… how would you recommend they start the conversation?

109% correct. I always reply I’m from here. And when they ask no where are you from originally I say, Beitou.

I don’t mind people asking in the course of conversation what country are you from.

8 Likes

An Ahmah or Ahbei driving one of those modified motorcycle cart type contraptions with a ton of recycling on it and a smoke trail a few km back

3 Likes

I see those on a regular basis around noon or at night, even around Xinyi.

3 Likes