Things you want to do before you die

I caught it last week. The other problem is if you’re out in the middle of the ocean and new lockdowns are imposed you might not be allowed to enter port. This happened with a number of my friends throughout 2020 and 2021. Another issue is if they make vaccine mandate changes. Currently it stands at 3. It looks likely it will change to 4 jabs. The treatment shot (like what is used when someone catches MERS) probably won’t be available for another 2 years.

But I like your enthusiasm.

1 Like

No mandates between UK and France, just a test to get into France I think. And UK to Mexico you’d be fine too, unless i’m not understanding your concern.

Swimming in the sewage and shit in the English Channel though, no vaccine for that :rofl:

2 Likes

beat me to it

1 Like

I’d like to be proactively selfish, just to see what that feels like. I was pissed off yesterday and bought 5 books off Amazon, a cat tree for my apparently immortal feline at Pet Smart, and sandalwood antiperspirant for me pits. All reactionary flailing.

7 Likes

Get in that snow man!!! Nothing like skiing or snowboarding (especially) down fresh powder. As another poster suggested, head to in/around Sapporo. It’ll take a bit of time to learn the basics, but once you’ve got that down, you’ll be hooked!!

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why they have select times in order to be allowed to swim it? Plus the fact it’s a shipping channel doesn’t help. Every swimmer needs a guide boat.

Travel to Egypt and see all the ancient sites.

3 Likes

For a moment I thought you meant, feeding people with information, on this site… :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, they don’t call it Japow for nothing!

I have no bucket list whatsoever. I only wish to understand life better. Get some sort of enlightenment. Understand why we are going through all of this.

6 Likes

That’s cool. I hope you get answers, and I’m not against trying to figure it out, but I suspect answers won’t be forthcoming. I’m more hoping to enjoy the rest of the ride. I would like to go to Thailand again soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes
  • Trek through the mountains over several days sleeping in tents and cabins
  • Get a PhD
  • Publish a book
3 Likes

I am sure TattooGuy can give you some pointers, well perhaps not on the PhD thing. :wink:

1 Like

Your goal may be the most ambitious on this list.

Guy

3 Likes

Made me think of this:

Ecclesiastes 1
1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”

3 Likes

Like when you are in a prison, you might find ways to make life more comfortable, but wouldn’t the ultimate question on your mind always be “Why am I here?” (provided you have no clue why you are there). It’s not ambitious, it’s the only goal really.

Petsmart? Are you in USA now?

1 Like

I’m gonna die? Weird.

1 Like

Is it Pets Mart, or Pet Smart?

The beginning of a nice story.