Things you want to do before you die

I’ll do it, if you make me feel like I belong there! :smiley:

1 Like

You don’t have to do any of that if you don’t want to.

2 Likes

Actually i’d like to do a cycle tour of Japan. South to north.

4 Likes

Your choice B wording had me thinking like a hog-feeding farm but for people (I know the real meaning haha)

2 Likes

Trans Atlantic race (in my own boat).
Swim the English Channel.

I could do both this year but this whole Covid thing still worries me.

2 Likes

I did that last year. Took lessons with my daughter. I very much recommend it if it’s something you have been wanting to do your whole life.

I would like to do sprint triathlons again (and place well in the races). It’s so time consuming to practice three sports. Maybe I’ll start again next year.

2 Likes

Whoa.that’s the most intense answer here

Awwww man I hope you do! Couldn’t find the video of those Sri Lankan soldiers coming to the UK for training and seeing snow for the first time, but here’s another in the same spirit:

2 Likes

How about one of Taiwan’s mountains?

1 Like

They’re often crowded and it only snows like a few days a year if I’m lucky. I hate crowds.

1 Like

You are gonna be safe from Covid-19. Because you will be in the sea.

2 Likes

Oh nice! I would take some Scuba diving classes in Taiwan first. I also want to dive in the Roman lost city under the sea near Malta.

1 Like

Before I die I want to have better control over my responses to my fear and anxiety. Currently my responses are incessant checking, people pleasing, paralysis of action and physical abuse of my body and mind. What a tool box!

6 Likes

In my experience you will get exactly what you expect in life. Expect the worst, get the worst.

1 Like

I sort of understand what you mean, but I’m pretty sure my expectations don’t shape global events.

My expectations for my own life are not pessimistic. But I do have to make allowances for the actions of others, over which I have no control.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’m saying your expectations shape your responses to global events. Sure, inflation is through the roof, but the sun also rises and sets and that’s a beautiful thing, on this here space rock.

You could add “impressive self-awareness” and “willing to rethink things” to your list. :grin:

Guy

3 Likes

THANK YOU GUY.
That really is such a lovely thing to have said. :heart:

3 Likes

I must have been listening to Linkin Park

Checked Stats Sapporo is 2nd most snowy city in the WORLD. Aomori City a few hours south of Sapporo has the most snow for a city. The hills around Sapporo get much more snow than the city.

Some tips, Sapporo has decent underground city from the JR Station (Main Sta) with lots of shopping and great nightlife. (Stores tend close earlier than Taiwan, like 8pm for department stores but nightlife pre covid open late, a large Japanese style adult area is large). Snow can be fun for visitors but well its cold, so for me nice be underground or in car. (If you drive in winter make sure you know how to drive, for me most scary is people who not how to drive in snow). Go to Nakajima Park to see snow in nice park setting (you will not see any grass from Dec-March).

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/top-10-snowiest-major-cities-around-the-world/375130

2 Likes