This Popular Solo Female Travel Vlogger Thinks Pakistan Could Be The World’s

Mod’s note: This was split from the “Idiots” thread

1 Like

Yeah, we all know what you mean. Have you ever asked a solo female traveler what it’s like there?

Yes actually. Not as bad as India but still have to careful and get good references to places you stay etc.

Fun fact, 20% of honor killings take place in Pakistan. Not sure it’s a great place for women.

The question at hand is solo female travelers, the implication being that they’re not Pakistani and have no relatives in the country (i.e. not in the “honor killing” risk group).

:cactus:

And I just told you what she said.

And do you think a place where honor killings take place has a healthy attitude towards women? Or do you think these kind of ideas stops when dealing with non Pakistani women?

Dude, this is the Idiots thread, not this month’s edition of the Islam thread.

Solo female travelers need to be vigilant everywhere, yes, and in some countries more than others, yes. The entirety of Pakistan is not a deathtrap, no, or else there wouldn’t be any solo female travelers coming out alive and unraped to tell their friends what a lovely time they had. (Ditto India.) The idiocy level in that headline just isn’t high enough to justify inclusion here. :2cents:

2 Likes

I for one agree it’s idiotic for solo female traveler in Pakistan.

4 Likes

You’re taking the idiots thread rather seriously aren’t you. Tell me the requirements then, what measurement do you use to measure idiocy to qualify here? It’s pretty much all opinions here.

And it seems others agree it’s idiotic as well so.

2 Likes

Most of the items posted recently are fine – Milko’s key under the mat, BD’s drive to the wrong Barnsley, your four year sounding ordeal…

We’ve established that political perceptions of idiocy belong elsewhere. That puts some items in a gray area, like calling an economist an idiot for pushing a particular theory (whether the theory is idiotic or not).

Unambiguously idiotic travel advice is out there, I’m sure, but “try country X” doesn’t do it for me, unless it’s Cambodia in 1975 or something.

Above post is correct…you’re taking it all wayyyyy too seriously. Go have another cup of coffee come back and rethink it

1 Like

I never mentioned political or religious reasons. They have a poor attitude towards women, whether this is due to religion, culture, politics and laws surrouding the issue really doesn’t matter to me. Around 70% of women in police custody in Pakistan are physically and sexually assaulted. 1 out of 4 rapes in Pakistan are committed by the police. Doesn’t seem like a great place for a foreign girl who will def catch attentions of predators, and also do not speak the language and know people to go alone. Rape and other issues like domestic violence are rampant in Pakistan. https://www.hrw.org/reports/1992/pakistan/

You ever heard of a guy named Abraham Wald? During WW2 they looked at the returning planes and where they were shot. They wanted to add armor to these areas, but Wald realized they should armor where they didn’t get shot because the ones that returned obviously did not sustain damage to areas that would take a plane down.

I’m sure many do come back with a great time. But I doubt the ones who didn’t would share their rape or robbery stories to the public. And with those police rape statistics, they seem to be better off not reporting anything bad.

So I stand by the post being here.

3 Likes

I didn’t say the post was political. Anyone who knows your posting history could reasonably infer you were implying it’s a Muslim country ergo etc. etc. I wouldn’t put religious perceptions of idiocy in this thread either (except for things along the lines of that CLI sign with a cross beside the I).

Yeah, people come back from lots of dodgy countries with great stories, and people come back from less dodgy countries with horror stories too.

There is no satisfying conclusion to this type of argument. It’s very circular, and I’ve got better things to do. I bet you do too, whether you realize it or not. Why are you arguing statistics about a country you hate when you’re in the land of Dolce Vita & Grande Bellezza? :spaghetti: :wine_glass: :man_dancing: :dancer: :fountain: :crazy_face:

Wasting your time on the planet, now that is idiotic! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Idiotic post!

Does it matter if I do think it’s because it’s a muslim country? This is the same country that banned a woman from leaving after being raped because they are worried about their image. It’s not just people, the legal system is messed up there towards women. And it doesn’t help that they have customs like expecting a woman to kill herself if she is raped. It’s not a good country for women regardless of whether I believe it’s due to Islam or not.

Maybe not safe for a man either, gang rape is frequent for men as well. It’s a popular way to get back at someone apparently

1 Like

What’s especially idiotic about the pic is the woman is in the middle of nowhere. How safe is that?

There’s a lot of dodgy countries out there. If we have a post for each one with a danger score above X, we’ll barely have time for anything else. :cactus:

Costa%20Rica%20tourism

1 Like

Oh, how about this?

North%20Sentinel%20Island

Explanation:

The Andaman and Nicobar Islands Protection of Aboriginal Tribes Act of 1956[11] prohibits travel to the island and any approach closer than five nautical miles (9.26 km) in order to prevent the resident tribespeople from contracting diseases to which they have no immunity. The area is patrolled by the Indian navy.[12]

In 2018, the Government of India excluded 29 islands – including North Sentinel – from the Restricted Area Permit (RAP) regime, until 31 December 2022, in a major effort to boost tourism.[16] In November 2018, however, the government’s home ministry stated that the relaxation of the prohibition was intended only to allow researchers and anthropologists, with pre-approved clearance, to visit the Sentinel islands.[17]

Police subsequently arrested seven fishermen for assisting Chau to get close to the restricted island.[80] His death was treated as a murder, but there was no suggestion that the Sentinelese would be charged[83] and the U.S. government confirmed that it did not ask the Indian government to press charges against the tribe.[84][85] Indian officials made several attempts to recover Chau’s body but eventually abandoned those efforts. An anthropologist involved in the case told The Guardian that the risk of a dangerous clash between investigators and the islanders was too great to justify any further attempts.[86]

Perhaps the most idiotic part was expecting the Sentinelese to understand Xhosa (an African language), though I suppose when you know you’re about to die, anything is worth a try.

1 Like

I will say this Pakistan seems to have cleaned up its act in recent years. Ahhh what the hell let the ladies explore go my girls go explore. Do your bucket list if you will

DkuQ6mMUwAAS9ed

7 Likes