This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to... (2020 edition)

Why wait?
Create!
:grin:

Naw. Facebook is like that HS cafeteria table we all stayed away from.

Here we go again. (Old news. I just can’t stop laughing, though.)

3 Likes

Iirc the hurricane guy they mention near the end never claimed to be qualified – he was just the best they could find on short notice.

2 Likes

No pants? That’s so two months ago. The cool kids had already moved on to swimwear by April and will be going 赤裸裸 any day now. :howyoudoin:

3 Likes
1 Like

So with all the extra handwashing, how many more rings will be found 80 years from now? :thinking:

4 Likes

Parallel universe discovered??? :scream:

Er… Not really…

1 Like

shucks

Thanks for setting your fellow Earth creatures straight, Ricky. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Now excuse me while I go back to the para-- ahem, back to my parallel-parked transport. :flying_saucer:

1 Like

Friday US time seems like the dump day for weird news right before a long weekend.

1 Like

I can’t find a summary that isn’t behind a paywall, but this case is public record, if you care to search the BC Human Rights Tribunal.

A salesperson went into her CEO’s office because the thermostat for the whole floor was there, and she happened to notice a photo containing male genitalia, took a photo of the photo, and complained to the boss about it. She was terminated the next day.

The company provided evidence that it was about to let her (the salesperson) go anyway, and the Tribunal found no sexual harassment or sex-based discrimination. :balance_scale:

4 Likes

She also displayed the president’s private bank account and routing numbers.

The $100,000 check she held up like a prop appeared to be a real check from Capital One, complete with the relevant details. An administration official said mock checks were never used in the briefing.

:woman_facepalming:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-press-secretary-check.amp.html

2 Likes

So, we can’t see his tax returns yet, but we can see something. :ponder:

2 Likes

Well hackers alert. If they move quick enough, we don’t have to wait for the SCOTUS

Did you just say Russia hackers, if you’re listening…? :astonished:

Well okay then. That’s totally not a provocation, according to precedent! :innocent:

5 Likes

It’s a 3yo news:

Yet, WTF!

3 Likes

Also 3 years old news. Coincidence?