This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to... (2020 edition)

In a stunning and downright creepy display of government overreach, one Iowa Republican lawmaker wants to create a state record of married people’s sexual preferences.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/opinion/staff-columnist/dennis-guth-sexual-orientation-marriage-licenses-domestic-abuse-20200213%3Ftemplate%3Damphtml

2 Likes
2 Likes

I think I’ll start buying stocks of whatever company makes Charmin.

1 Like

Charmin is a pretty small percentage of P&G’s portfolio, and this panic buying isn’t going to be helpful to the bottom lines of paper brands…unless people start panic using, which seems unlikely.

Well, I was trying to make a funny. But as far as panic using is concerned, I do see that occurring with the masks, at least in Taiwan. (That would be a bit freaky for people to be wiping more than usual for some reason, though.)

Namahottie’s link above didn’t work for me; this one did:
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/opinion/staff-columnist/dennis-guth-sexual-orientation-marriage-licenses-domestic-abuse-20200213

The contractor reported what he found to authorities, and some of the jars reportedly dated back to the 1960s.

1 Like

I hope there’s an innocent explanation. :astonished:

Yes.
“In fact, they were cow tongues…” :rofl:

Did you even read the headline? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Do people still do that nowadays? :smirk:

I thought that’s all they do since so many are ill-informed about the issues :smirk:

2 Likes

This seems to be true in @RickRoll’s case at least. :grin:

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

More like huh?

Strong stomach advisory

But he later told investigators that his daughter had given birth to the boy and that his teenage son was the father.
Both parents said they weren’t aware that their daughter was being raped or had become pregnant, according to charging documents.

Suspects

1 Like

Your post deserves an award or something something. That is some truly shucked up fit.