This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2021 edition)

3 Likes

The couple and the artist should mint an NFT of the CCTV footage. Would probably sell for 10x the amount of the physical.

4 Likes

This is a mild one by the standards of the thread, but I think it still qualifies. :slightly_smiling_face:

It would have been better if the radio had stopped working – straight out of a Stephen King story! :scream:

1 Like

How the hell could this story be true in 21st century America?!

1 Like

Bizarre. Ethiopian Airlines planes don’t have GPS…?

Hey, this is coming from the country where the B.C. Ministry of Health was suggesting glory holes as a means of safe sex during covid.

Few things in life are safer than a family glory hole.

Reminds me of the C-17 that landed on a tiny airport in Florida some years ago.

Thanks, I’ll now proceed to scrub my brain with a steel brush.

3 Likes

Make sure it’s sterile first…

1 Like

Goes for both, the hole and the brush.

Usually the family glory holes are sterile if you catch my drift…

I wonder who agreed to help her do all the things she couldn’t do for all of those years…just because she wanted those nails.

Edit: According to more photos I saw online, she had them on both hands :astonished:

2 Likes

Death by squats?

2 Likes

Hey, if you’re too busy to notice you’re late, you’re too busy to notice you’re late. It’s that simple! :cactus:

Kidding actually…

1 Like

Fascinating and incredible, but I’ve never been a woman so what do I know? I can understand not knowing you’re pregnant if you have a history of irregular menstrual cycles, but I really find part this hard to believe…

The women involved often did not gain weight

I guess if they were very overweight to begin with then lost weight while the baby was growing?

It’s a bit like what happens when you’re broswing the internet and violate the Google™ TOS while crossing a bridge in your Google™ self-driving car

Did you miss the memo?

2 Likes

Whoops

Investigators described the glitch as “a simple flaw” in an IT system. It was programmed in an unnamed foreign country where the title “Miss” is used for a child and “Ms” for an adult female.

2 Likes

India? :thinking:

That story sort of irked me. If someone puts up a graffiti-ish painting, and part of the display is paints and brushes in front of it, it sure looks like they’re encouraging others to add to it. Definitely an honest mistake: the WTF is for the artist and whoever is in charge of displaying it, not the couple who added their own changes.

The untitled piece by graffiti artist JonOne, estimated to be worth as much as $US500,000 ($657,000), was on display at a gallery at the Lotte World Mall in Seoul.

Paint cans and brushes from the live performance are moved with the piece and are displayed on the ground in front of the painting and considered part of the artwork.

2 Likes