This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2021 edition)

Yet another reason why they really ought to just weigh passengers + baggage … and charge them accordingly. But you can’t do that because fat-shaming.

If they would implement this system, the result would probably be that light people pay the same as now and heavy people have to pay extra.

1 Like

I would really like to see airlines having a scale at their ticketing counter and telling people they are so fat they have to pay more. I would definitely ask for hazard pay if I was a ticketing agent.

1 Like
3 Likes

He should be glad it’s just 2021, so Hansard (the official transcript) is still text-only. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nerds outdoing each other? :nerd_face: :doh:

Related:

Professionals often do this precisely because it locks people out. Lawyers and doctors are famous for this. If they used ordinary language people would realise their jobs aren’t nearly as difficult as they like to make out, or (in the case of doctors particularly) to hide the fact that they’re not really sure what they’re talking about. So we get words like ‘idiopathic’, and ‘iatrogenic’, which basically mean “I have no idea what this is” and “We screwed up”, respectively.

1 Like

“If you go on Tinder, you are 69, you have no connections at all, but if you are 49, that’s good.”

1 Like

“I asked for someone in his forties, not someone born in the forties”-
Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

3 Likes

So it seems there are limits to what one can choose to identify as. This could set a dangerous precedent. Next they’ll be telling people who are born with XY chromosomes that they’re male.

3 Likes

I like candy and all…but WTF?!?

5 Likes

And so the microplastic content of beef increases…
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

:boom:

3 Likes

So this time no humans died, but several families of troglodytes are now homeless? :roll:

Some of the comments are pretty funny.

3 Likes

“While the others want to get an ‘A,’ I want to get an ‘F,’ as it stands for freedom.”

4 Likes

You know things must be bad if someone wants to escape your country to get back to Russia. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy

4 Likes

Dashcam footage from an attempted robbery of an armored vehicle in South Africa. The driver is cool as a cucumber. The partner looks like a deer caught in the headlights of a car.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

They should put, “slightly shorter gun” on their shopping list.

3 Likes