This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2021 edition)

Massive container crane collapsed at Kaohsiung port

3 Likes

Wow!
Any info on what caused it?

Ship collision

https://twitter.com/tculpan/status/1400330847715168259

https://twitter.com/tculpan/status/1400331517503565833

2 Likes

Yeah… Those massive things are hard to stop!
Captain lost control, I guess?

Normally you’d have a pilot on board who’s responsible for docking the ship.

The PR guys at evergreen right now:
2dd

The sailors who get an extended shore leave:

3 Likes

Is that a Evergreen boat?!
:scream:

1 Like

Do they have a sister company? Shat Pants Denim: Look like you shit yourself without the stink
:laughing:

1 Like

Next, he will sell NFT of this transaction… :wall:

4 Likes

Meh, I got 6 of those in my house that I made myself.

4 Likes

Imagine how much he could have gotten if he’d put a piece of fruit inside

2 Likes

The story is not over. Interesting reading for your perusal.

3 Likes

Great thread!
Thanks for sharing!

Swallowed by a whale and lived to tell the tale.

6 Likes

Meh nothing new, Jonah did it thousands of years before that guy.

1 Like

He thought he had been attacked by one of the great white sharks that swim in the area, “and then I felt around and I realised there was no teeth”.
“And then I realised: ‘Oh my God, I’m in a whale’s mouth and he’s trying to swallow me. This is it, I’m going die’.”

The sculpture or shat-pants denim?

1 Like

If it’s of any comfort, the whale would have probably died too.

Hence the rapid ejection of this unknown object in its mouth!

Guy

Name: Clamping koala.

Appearance: Seated facing partner, legs crossed at the ankle, with the option to lean back.

What is it, some kind of yoga thing? It looks a bit like that, yeah.

So is it an exercise? Not exactly, although you would probably end up burning some calories.

What is it then? It’s a sex position.

Nonsense. I know all three sex positions, and that’s not one of them. Actually it’s one of 60 listed in a comprehensive guide produced by Norwegian public TV broadcaster NRK.

Sixty? Does that include missionary? Yes, misjonae r is there, along with spaghetti, silkworm, wheel of fortune and the flamingo.

The flamingo? Standing on one leg.

Who stands on one leg? And which leg? Don’t worry – the whole thing is illustrated with explanatory black and white photographs, for the benefit of all Norwegians.

Why so many? They include positions for same-sex couples, pregnant women and people with back pain and bad knees. If the position didn’t have a Norwegian name, they made one up – hence klemmende koala , the clamping, or squeezing, koala.

What prompted the broadcaster to produce such a guide in the first place? Public duty. “NRK wants it to lead to increased knowledge, greater openness and security, inspiration and new conversations about sex,” said the guide’s editor, Reidar Kristiannsen, “which ultimately means that even more people get a sex life they enjoy.”

I’ll bet there have been loads of complaints. Yes, about 97.

Is that all? How many people have seen it? More than 850,000 since it launched on 11 June.

And where are they seeing it, exactly? It’s on NRK’s website. The pictures are all of real couples, and no one is actually having sex in them – they’re just posing.

I still can’t believe taxpayers’ money has been spent on this. It’s Norwegian taxpayers’ money.

Even so, I hope it comes with a suitable warning. It does: “Remember that you do not have to try all the positions.”

Well, that’s a blessed relief. But you never know, you might find something new and challenging you’d like to try out.

Are you offering? I’ll get back to you.

Do say: “It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you both enjoy it and it has a funny name.”

Don’t say: “We call this one giraffe on a ski lift. I hope you’ve got a wide angle lens.”

2 Likes

You got me at spaghetti!
:heart: :spaghetti: :yum: