This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2021 edition)

2 Likes

What a horrible way to go…
:fearful:

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: I Hate John Cena, Apologizing to China

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Maybe he can also suggest to new gun owners that they should carry their handguns tucked down the front of their pants with the safety off?

I feel sorry for the police and the first-responders who are going to have to deal with the results. It’s no wonder American cops tend to go postal after a few years on the job.

Is this accelerated Darwinism?

1 Like

We need a thread for Bat Shit Crazy news.

4 Likes

From the above linked CBC story:

Lu and Shen have been swapping hyperbolic jabs on Chinese-language online forums since 2005, when the pair met over the internet while they were both preparing to emigrate from China to Canada.

They have each accused each other of self-importance and underhanded sneakery, attacking their respective families, with Shen allegedly calling Lu’s son’s high school to verify whether he had really been accepted into Harvard.

Lu claimed Shen called her “too poor to buy a house”; Shen claimed Lu accused her of wearing “loose sportswear making her look like an ‘old aunt selling bus tickets.’”

The fight inevitably made its way into court, where the two women sued and countersued each other for defamation.

Guy

3 Likes

That’s a pretty funny insult though.

4 Likes

Some of Forumosa’s more verbose duelists might give those two a run for their money :rofl:

It reminds me of a life long feud between my grandmother and her sister. They had long since misremembered what started it, but kept it up just the same. Some of the barbs were shameful at the time, but hilarious now.

4 Likes

Especially lately, as the pace of posting and people’s tempers intensify. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Meanwhile, the people sitting in the back of the court:

2 Likes

That is the best article of the day for me. Loved every little bit of it.

1 Like

That are Monkey Island level insults😂 I wonder if one accused the other of fighting like a cow.

1 Like

I think it was more like “You fight like a Dairy Farmer!”, no?

Cows can be formidable opponents.

Cow & Chicken sumo

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’m not here to shame anyone for their kink but, really, wtf?

And yeah, I checked, it’s a real product that you can buy for US$75.

8 Likes

Karma’s a bitch.

According to @retro_ushi, the most likely cause of the fire was that “they were driving around us so roughly, they either damaged their carburetor or took in water and stalled. Then fumes built up and when they tried to speed away, the fumes ignited.”

So it works either way: lofty concept of karma (be rude and the heavens will punish you) or down-to-earth concept of karma (wreck your ship, get shipwrecked). Win-win! :rainbow: :upside_down_face: