This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2022 edition)

Indeed. If it doesn’t beat fecal matter it’s not worth reporting.

Happy (belated) Zardoz Day

Shout out to anybody wearing a red diaper.

4 Likes

One of my most WTF Connery films

OK here’s my nomination for this week’s winner. I challenge anyone to find something more stupid than this.

Guy

1 Like
5 Likes

I admit that is also stupid.

Guy

1 Like

How did she think this was a good idea?

3 Likes

“You’ll be fine, I hope.”

Thanks, teach

4 Likes

Seems like fear of covid makes people lose their minds.

3 Likes

This thread is full of people doing or saying dumb sh&t with or without COVID on their minds. :neutral_face:

Guy

Not sure if this the right thread, but here we go:

@irishstu @irish91 @irishmoe ?

I’m interested to understand why the hell they used such a detailed replica of this exact pub. Actually, it seems to be huge photo printed on a tarpaulin. Here are more photos of the exercise, no other shops look so detailed. Not 7-11, not Watsons, …

1 Like

Not Reebark Coffee definitely

1 Like

That is definitely some environmentally conscious coffee! :rofl:

Guy

The shop was definitely decorated in a minimal style.

1 Like

:thinking:

Bill Gates' Farmland Grows Potatoes for McDonald's Fries: NBC.

1 Like
1 Like

She needed a psychic to tell her that? :thinking:

4 Likes

er… so… exactly how tall were medieval knights?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:thinking:
:laughing:

2 Likes

Not very tall by today’s standards. The wiki article doesn’t address the middle ages but does say for example…

According to a study by economist John Komlos and Francesco Cinnirella, in the first half of the eighteenth century, the average height of an English male was 165 cm (5 ft 5 in), and the average height of an Irish male was 168 cm (5 ft 6 in). The estimated mean height of English, German, and Scottish soldiers was 163.6 cm (5 ft 4+1⁄2 in) – 165.9 cm (5 ft 5+1⁄2 in) for the period as a whole, while that of Irish was 167.9 cm (5 ft 6 in). The average height of male slaves and convicts in North America was 171 cm (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in).[70]

I assume in the future people will CGI Game of Thrones to make it more realistic. They’ll also need to make characters like Ned and Cat Stark younger (as they are in the books).

3 Likes