This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2022 edition)

Not sure. So much wacky stuff happens in California it’s hard to keep track.

7 Likes

OK, this one’s really WTF…

1 Like

Green energy… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

More details here:

Guy

3 Likes

Did he really believe it, or did he get his Breaking Bad / Princess Bride routine wrong somehow? :thinking:

2 Likes

With political “leadership” like that, I am starting to see why so many Punjabis are on the move to places like Canada. :neutral_face:

Guy

They’re coming for us.

Last week, according to Russian media outlets, a chess-playing robot, apparently unsettled by the quick responses of a seven-year-old boy, unceremoniously grabbed and broke his finger during a match at the Moscow Open.

2 Likes

You can always rely on Moscow to blame the victim.

How the AF does a chess-playing robot have enough grunt in its actuators to break a kid’s finger? Everything over-engineered in Russia.

1 Like

AI really will do anything and everything to win at all costs. Seems consistent.

1 Like

Planet Chorizo :joy:

7 Likes

Seems rich family, but still she wanted to do this

3 Likes

Reminds me of a similar recent news

You’d think that being a doctor, she’d have access to something a bit more subtle to get the job done …

1 Like

Maybe she just wanted to make him sick? otherwise yes she did not think this out well

My wife tries to kill me with vegetables.

7 Likes

In which orifice? :thinking:

5 Likes

Yeah rabbit food ain’t my thing either.

Good, she wants you around a long time and good for the earth

4 Likes

I saw one of those autopsy documentary where a man was being slowly poisoned by his asian wife with arsenic, then she shot him in “self defense”.

Then the wife ends up getting conviction for manslaughter rather than murder because the fact that the man was poisoned with arsenic (which didn’t kill him before he was shot) couldn’t be brought up in trial.