This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2022 edition)

Since we’re nit-picking today, did you notice how the headline doesn’t match the quotation?

The teacher went on to say that of the 32 students that she teaches, “20 of them are LGBTQIA+ and have come out to me.”

I wouldn’t be very alarmed by a fourth grader identifying as “A”, frankly. Just sayin’.

Or perhaps the editor doesn’t want to write out the insane acronym in an article title. If only you applied this level of skepticism in your other posts, you wouldn’t make the mistakes you’ve made.

Or perhaps I have an important interstellar conference to get to. Toodles! :flying_saucer:

But you didn’t just assume the existence of a contract, but the specific terms of it.

You guys do realize this is the “Fun & Games” section, right?

4 Likes

Are they assuming the baby’s gender?!
:noway:

8 Likes

Excellent point! Two lesbian lovers, one self-proclaimed transgender are suing because of biological gender?! How dare they!

Gender is no longer a biological reality, it’s a state of mind!

They need to do the respectful and right thing and wait until their child is three years old and ask they/them/it how they/them/it identifies! All could be good depending on the answer.

6 Likes

All that complaining about a male child without even asking the child for preferred pronouns! :melting_face:

7 Likes

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Without a doubt

1 Like

In that case, I won’t nitpick about whether she assumed the baby’s gender or merely its sex. :cactus:

1 Like

“No this ain’t no wax figure my Brodie went out gansta.”

2 Likes

Homeboy thought it was kinda kinky.

FOX 5 New York: Southwest passenger arrested for masturbating 4 times during flight.

1 Like
2 Likes

Maybe the robot driver was intoxicated with battery acid? :idunno:

1 Like

Total BS to call this a hate crime. No racial bias was proven. She incorrectly thought some kid stole her iPhone and she tackled him and called the police. It just so happens that the kid was black. So what?!

Would it have been labeled a hate crime if the woman was black and the kid was white? No way. How about white on white or black on black? No way. Just one asshole falsely accusing another of a crime, which if turned into a physical altercation should be punished. But a hate crime? Not unless she repeatedly called him the N-word and suggested that he stole her phone because of the black peoples’ propensity for thievery. She didn’t do any of that.

It seems that any missteps against a person of color by a white can now be incorrectly labeled a hate crime. Because, you know BLM.

3 Likes

And of course Florida makes the list again.

2 Likes

Can some American(s) explain to me why Florida appears so often in stories like this? Why did this state turn out so different from, say, California?

Guy

1 Like

Hey. I’m a Floridian. We’re not all stupid.

7 Likes

I know! That’s why this persistent stereotype makes me wonder what happened.

Guy

1 Like