Those of you into recreational drug use

[quote]Bureau warns on ecstasy
Ecstasy pills popular among clubbers often contain hazardous additives that have the potential to kill, the National Bureau of Controlled Drugs warned yesterday. According to the Bureau’s analysis, the amount of ecstasy in a tablet varied greatly from a low of 36mg to a high of 193mg. Tablets sometimes contain no ecstasy but other drugs such as methamphetamine, amphetamine, ketamine and sedatives like diazepam. “Drug users cannot discern how much ecstasy there will be in tablets. Neither can they predict what other drugs are contained in the ecstasy pill. One possible danger is that they will not stop taking pills until they get high. Unfortunately, this places ecstasy users at a greater risk of a fatal overdose,” bureau director-general Li Jih-heng (李志恆) said.[/quote]
taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003245757

All things in moderation.
If you’re doing LSD every day, you’re probably going to fry your brain, but if you just experiment a bit, if you’re the kind of person who likes playing around a bit, why not?
Sure, you can get killed in the process, but then at least you died doing something fun.

About hallucinations…I always used to hallucinate on LSD, but I hallucinate very easily (once from sitting in the sun for too long), so I guess that’s why I saw a lot of weird things on acid. But I got bored with it, after a few months. I would see something, and even while I was on the drug, start thinking…hmmm…I just saw an antelope in a bar. Why is that? Was that from something I saw on tv earlier today?
Damn, now I’m longing for my earlier uninhibited self.

I’d have to disagree with this. I do actually have real friends back home who smoke quite frequently. One is a chemist and another manages an industrial plant. I would not say they were addicts. They simply choose to unwind their own way.

Now, in college I met a few people who were in fact stoned all day every day. They didn’t last long in the system. But I don’t know if that was because they smoked or because they simply lacked the desire to be in college. I lean toward the latter.

:noway:

Maybe because the ants’ parents disapproved of the union and the young 'sects decided to run away to become wed???

Was their a preacher in the bar to perform the ceremony? A ship’s captain?

I see no reason to associate dinking in the park with alcoholism but, back on topic, I heard from one of my freinds that the all time best drug combo is methadone, heroin, cocaine and marijuana. Apparently the methadone potentiates the heroin and the cocaine keeps you awake even though there are enough drugs in your system to kill a horse. The pot puts a wee bit of a surreal twist on it and helps to control the nausea. Of course one of the other guys who tried this wound up sitting dead at the bus stop. Dumb fucker. The buses kept coming and going and he just sat there like a dead guy. Finally he turned all blue and stiff like so somebody phoned the ambulance. Another junky bites the dust.

Hilarious! I’m actually laughing out loud, which is something that seldom happens, believe you me! Nurse, I think somebody put some weed in my dinner almonds.

Do people really refer to weed as a drug? If I think of somebody on drugs, I think heroine, coke, speed, etc.

Antelope

Hahahahahaahahahahaha!

Hi bob,

When you get to the bottom you go back to the top of the slide
Where you stop and you turn and you go for a ride
Till you get to the bottom and you see us again.

I plan on doing lots of drugs after I retire. You’re 65 and can’t get it up anymore and have nothing to do all day but sit around the house watching TV and complaining about how much better things was back in the old days and hanging around waiting to die. I mean, why not? I’m gonna lay off that stuff like cocaine and speed that’ll give me a heart attack at my advanced age. But what’s the harm in smoking weed or tripping? It’s not like my brain ain’t going to be fried from Alzheimer’s soon enough anyway. People like William S. Burroughs shot up every day when they were in their 80s until they died. Why not? Give a good reason not to. It won’t be as if I’ll be wasting some great future to look forward to.

That actually makes a hell of a lot of sense. I should start planning for my retirement.

Brian

Another guy I know said that he was laying in bed one time after doing rather a lot of heroin and sudenly he felt his soul rising up out of his chest. That is what he said it felt like. Dying I mean. Anyway, as he lay there dying he got to thinking about the beach and stuff and how he didn’t really want his wife to wake up next to his corpse so he started pulling back down on it (his soul) but it wasn’t like such a big deal actually. Death felt OK, he just wanted to go to the beach the next day more than he wanted to go with this pulling that was going on in his chest so he got into this casual sort of struggle with death and according to him the only scary thing about it was that he didn’t “really” care that much which side won. That was the frightening part. Strange huh?

That actually makes a hell of a lot of sense. I should start planning for my retirement.

Brian[/quote]

It really, really does.

I can see us now Bu Lai…hammocks and turquoise waters. Bats for Bahts.

[quote=“Eric W. Lier”][quote]Bureau warns on ecstasy
Ecstasy pills popular among clubbers often contain hazardous additives that have the potential to kill, the National Bureau of Controlled Drugs warned yesterday. According to the Bureau’s analysis, the amount of ecstasy in a tablet varied greatly from a low of 36mg to a high of 193mg. Tablets sometimes contain no ecstasy but other drugs such as methamphetamine, amphetamine, ketamine and sedatives like diazepam. “Drug users cannot discern how much ecstasy there will be in tablets. Neither can they predict what other drugs are contained in the ecstasy pill. One possible danger is that they will not stop taking pills until they get high. Unfortunately, this places ecstasy users at a greater risk of a fatal overdose,” bureau director-general Li Jih-heng (李志恆) said.[/quote]
taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003245757[/quote]

The trouble is that clubbers have known about this for years adn know the risks a lot better than most government officials do. They watch their friends and others not dying every weekend. and so when someone in government tries to scare them with stuff like this they tend to take no notice. Rather they ask, well why don’t you give us testing kits so we can check are stuff? Do you really care about us or are you just trying to scare us into not doing something you don’t approve of and don’t really understand?

I feel sorry for people who don

"Every drug, legal or illegal, provides some reward. Every drug presents some risk. And every drug can be abused. Ultimately, in my opinion, it is up to each of us to measure the reward against the risk and decide which outweighs the other. The rewards cover a wide spectrum. They include such things as the curing of disease, the softening of physical and emotional pain, intoxication, and relaxation. Certain drugs – those known as the psychedelics – allow for increased personal insight and expansion of one’s mental and emotional horizons.

The risks are equally varied, ranging from physical damage to psychological disruption, dependency, and violation of the law. Just as there are different rewards with different people, there are also different risks. An adult must make his own decision as to whether or not he should expose himself to a specific drug, be it available by prescription or proscribed by law, by measuring the potential good and bad with his own personal yardstick. And it is here that being well informed plays an indispensable role. My philosophy can be distilled into four words: be informed, then choose.

…With the psychedelic drugs, I believe that, for me, the modest risks (an occasional difficult experince or perhaps some body malaise) are more than balanced by the potential for learning. And that is why I have chosen to explore this particular area of pharmacology.

…I am completely convinced that there is a wealth of information built into us, with miles of intuitive knowledge tucked away in the genetic material of every one of our cells. Something akin to a library containing uncountable reference volumes, but without any obvious route of entry. And, without some means of access, there is no way to even begin to guess at the extent and quality of what is there. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature.

Our generation is the first, ever, to have made the search for self-awareness a crime, if it is done with the use of plants or chemical compounds as the means of opening the psychic doors. But the urge to become aware is always present, and it increases in intensity as one grows older.

…From the earliest days of his time on earth, Man has sought out and used specific plants which have had the effect of altering the way he interacts with his world and communicates with his gods and with himself. For many thousands of years, in every known culture, there has been some percentage of the population – usually the shamans, the curanderos, the medicine men – which has used this or that plant to achieve a transformation in its state of consciousness. These people have used the altered state to sharpen their diagnostic abilities and to enable them to draw upon the healing energies to be found in the world of the spirits. The tribal leaders (in later civilizations, the royal families) presumably used the psychoactive plants to increase their insight and wisdom as rulers, or perhaps simply to call upon the forces of destructive power as allies in forthcoming battles.

… the prejudice against the use of consciousness-opening plants and drugs has the major part of its origin in racial intolerance and the accumulation of political power. In the latter part of the last century, once the intercontinental Railway had been built and the Chinese laborers were no longer needed, they were increasingly portrayed as subhuman and uncivilized; they were yellow-skinned, slant-eyed, dangerous alients who frequented opium dens.

…The 1960s, of course, delivered a powerful blow to the psychedelics. These drugs were being used as part and parcel of a massive rebellion against governmental authority and what was believed to be an immoral and unnecessary war in Vietnam. Also, there were too many loud and authoritative voices claiming that there was a need for a new kind of spirituality, and urging the use of psychedelics to make direct contact with one’s God, without the intervention of priest, minister or rabbi.

The voices of psychiatrists, writers and philosophers, and many thoughtful members of the clergy, pleaded for study and investigation of the effects of psychedelics, and of what they could reveal about the nature and function of the human mind and psyche. They were ignored in the clamor against flagrant abuse and misuse, of which there was more than ample evidence. The government and the Church decided that psychedelic drugs were dangerous to society, and with the help of the press, it was made clear that this was the way to social chaos and spiritual disaster. …What was unstated, of course, was the oldest rule of all: “Thou shalt not oppose nor embarrass those in power without being punished.”

I have stated some of my reasons for holding the view that psychedelic drugs are treasures. There are others, and many of them are spun into the texture of this story. There is, for instance, the effect they have on my perception of colors, which is completely remarkable. Also, there is the deepening of my emotional rapport with another person, which can become an exquisitely beautiful experience, with eroticism of sublime intensity. I enjoy the enhancement of the sense of touch, smell and taste, and the fascinating changes in my perception of the flow of time.

I deem myself blessed, in that I have experienced, however briefly, the existence of God. I have felt a sacred oneness with creation and its Creator, and – most precious of all – I have touched the core of my own soul.

It is for these reasons that I have dedicated my life to this area of inquiry. Someday I may understand how these simple catalysts do what they do. In the meantime, I am forever in their debt. And I will forever be their champion.

Alexander T. Shulgin
downlode.org/etext/pihkal_philosophy.html

After reading all these posts, I am getting in the mood…

Taking hallucinagenic drugs is “not” like being born again. It is like being born into reality for the first time. It is like being five years old and filled with awe at the splendor of creation. It is like waking up finally from a dull sleep and finding yourself transported to a beautiful garden. It is like jumping off a building and discovering that you can fly. Or realizing that nothing matters and satan lives inside you. Taking hallucinagenic drugs is like losing your mind, losing faith in your own perceptions. Bio-chemically speaking taking hallucinagenic drugs is a lot like being psychotic. Taking hallucinagenic drugs is potentially the most awesome or the most horrific experience you will ever have. Some people benefit enormously from it and some are destroyed. That is why it should be something you do with professional supervision. Or perhaps not at all.

I’d like to add that millions of people have taken millions of trips and I don’t
see any chromosome damage. And very few people have jumped off buildings.
So to me the talk and research around psychosis is quite far fetched.

Yes, psychedelics are not 110% safe, but here in Taiwan, neither is
walking down the sidewalk or driving a car. Is a matchstick dangerous
when the house is already on fire?

Here is some further information about Prof. Shulgin’s 2 books. These books can be downloaded.
mdma.net/alexander-shulgin/pihkal-tihkal.html

They do give testing kits. :unamused:

I don’t really approve of hard drug use for various reasons.

However, drugs do have advantages.

One of these advantages is the Chemical Brothers.

Thats right, without all this hard drug use there would be no Chemical Brothers and the world would be a duller place. Infact, why use drugs when you can just watch their videos:

Let forever be:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2664035?ns=1

Star Guitar:

http://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/disco/videos/star/

The Test (My favourite):

http://www.blastro.com/player/chemicalbrotherstest.html&artist=Chemical+Brothers

Excellent and extremely clever videos, even if you don’t like the music.

All over the world in every place this argument is trotted out? Really?