Thoughts on returning to in person teaching 7/26?

You teach adults, right? If you taught grade one, you would be willing to risk Ebola to go back.

1 Like

when you say vaccinated, you mean fully? or one dose?

Yes I have. Although I still have one contract with this one school I need to worry about :expressionless:
If I can make it to the end of the year and I’ll be free hahaha

Also I got some good offers from different schools. Good money guaranteed hours. Though it’s slightly lower than my usuall tutoring rate, I t’ll take me quite a while to get those hours myself.

That’s crazy! My buddies there keep posting pictures of the 6pm quarantine every night, so I thought they closed everything again.

Vietnam, on the other hand, has districts sealed off in Saigon, they stopped all delivery and people can only go out to grab groceries. My buddies there say it has been a nightmare. Guess a lot of people have packed up and gone home because they didn’t have work for months.

I teach kids and teens. I love my kiddos, but I’m not willing to get sick for them. They have parents that mostly care about them. I think they’ll survive.

3 Likes

Yeah mainly high schoolers and above.

Ebola :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve decided I’ll never teach lower grades ever since I part timed for a bushiban when I was in college :joy: I’d risk Ebola to NOT teach grade one :joy:

2 Likes

Sure. Everyone has to make their own choice. And you have to look out for your own health.

1 Like

the government will vaccinate 13-18 year olds first with pfizerBNT.

Besides, one on one tutoring isn’t necessarily safer.

Here’s a COVID positive tutor having sexy party all over the north:

I certainly hope so. That’s when I’ll be willing to go back to work. I hope they won’t ask me to go to school without the students vaccinated. I know they’re jabbing the teachers. But I haven’t heard anything about the students yet.

It’ll be ideal if everyone is fully vaccinated. But I’d still prefer to stay home due to the reasons I’ve listed above. And I still have concerns about the vaccines. They’re too new for me.

vaccinated the least vulnerable first, but a single dose won’t do much until we are all fully vaccinated and even then it’ll spread.

The little dudes are awesome. Mine are pretty fluent, so I don’t mind them at all.

My gripe with teens here is that they rarely go above an B1 level despite years of studying, and by the time they get to me they are so tired that they just want time to pass so they can go do the mountains of busy work their other teachers assign.

4 Likes

It would be ideal because your students would experience reduced symptoms should they contract Covid while vaccinated?

They can still spread it to you.

I don’t think you can bank on the students getting vaccinated.

And you might hear rumblings about them not being aloud back until they are vaccinated, but they said the same in the uk about tests.

Some parents refused to let their child take the tests and the government told the schools they still had to educate them.

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely LOOOVE the little dudes and ladies. It’s just that I got sick ALL THE TIME!!! My life is miserable enough without the diseases already I don’t need more sickness in life :nauseated_face:

They’re fun and cute and energetic. I love playing games with them and watch them grow. But I just can’t stand the viruses and stuff…

It would be ideal cuz everyone involved would have less chance to catch COVID, including me :wink:

Ah tests. How boring. Like they can’t cheat on a test in school. There’re so many ways to evaluate a student’s learning and get them engaged, and tests is the only thing they could think of :roll_eyes:

I meant covid tests.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:my bad haha

1 Like