Throwing in the Towel

Just lie.

Say you’re “Married and not looking”.

I don’t know what it is, but wedding rings are serious babe magnets. The easiest way to get a boyfriend is to pretend that you already have a boyfriend. You’ll be beating them off with a stick. I guess it’s something about being single makes you seem “desperate, lonely, pathetic” and being attached makes you seem “she’s gotta have something going for her if somebody was willing to marry her”.

If all else fails, walk around the park with a cat/dog. Nothing beats a little animal as babe magnet material. Except for a baby, but those are harder to pick up and carry around the park as a gimmick.

How often do you get back to the states? The chances of finding a happy partnership must be hugely better there. If you worked the maths on available partners here compared to the USA then it must be a staggering figure.

Say 1,000 available quality expats who don’t wear womans undergarments or dress up as nuns late at night around here somewhere compared to say 1,000,000 in the states. I mean, I’d like you to stick around Taiwan from a selfish point of view of enjoying your company but looking to your happiness then I’m just making this observation from the outside. Only you can know all the details of why your here and what you hope for in the future. (I would not like to be pinned down on that question btw, so don’t feel any need to answer!)

Good to great to hear about Ironlady’s recent marriage. Well kept secret! Did you keep it in the ladies forum. Hmmmmmm?

[quote=“Ironman”]
Say 1,000 available quality expats who don’t wear womans undergarments or dress up as nuns late at night around here somewhere compared to say 1,000,000 in the states.[/quote]

Um. Is there something I should know about expats in Taiwan that no one is telling me?

Yeah, we don’t wear women’s underwear or dress up as nuns.

Time you got with the program, pp. :slight_smile:

Best wishes for your future happiness, ironlady! Congrats to the lucky groom!

[quote=“Ironman”]
Good to great to hear about Ironlady’s recent marriage. Well kept secret! Did you keep it in the ladies forum. Hmmmmmm?[/quote]

All this talk about magnets.

…yet even Ironman didn’t know about Ironlady’s secret. Quite Ironic really.
So if Ironman and Ironlady got together, what would we get? An Iron in the fire? Iron filings? A set of Irons, 1-9? (According to the dictionary…having a bladelike head and numbered from one to nine in order of increasing loft.)

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Okay, now I’m confused.

If love will find me when I stop looking for it, does that mean I should pull my profile off Forumosa Friends?

Or just change my status to “single, but not looking”?

:slight_smile:[/quote]

I think it means to go about enjoying life to the fullest, never bothering with self-pity. Be open to opportunities, but don’t go actively seeking them. Sometimes it feels like a fine line, but when you’re in that zone, it seems much wider than it did before you got there.

Folks who are fully engaged with life are attractive.

An (hopefully) encouraging story: I have a friend who can only be described as terrific. She’s got all of the trappings of a successful person (i.e. education, fiscal responsibility, looks that attract plenty of people) and a very approachable yet driven personality. She found, as she got older, that the pool of available men was shrinking quickly. Relationships came and went, never quite working out. I saw her three years ago when we were both 33. She was plenty discouraged, her biological clock ticking and her wanting a family. When she was 34, she met a great guy who had what she was looking for, a guy who was also feeling a bit discouraged with the whole process of finding a compatible person. He was a fine-looking fellow with a thriving business, but no wife in sight. Two years later, they are married with a baby on the way.

That’s not to say that she, or anyone, needs a spouse. She wanted one, but she was doing okay on her own. I think that when she stopped worrying about it, the right fellow came along.

I wanna know where her towel is right now? Who saw it last? :wink:

Oh my god! ImaniOU’s a … a … STRAG!

I’m throwing in the towel. In ten years I will serve in the Lord’s house.

Why wait ten years when you can serve now. :smiley: :smiley:

I never had a towel to throw in… :blush:

Why wait ten years when you can serve now. :smiley: :smiley:

I never had a towel to throw in… :blush:[/quote]

is your’s a little sheet?

Throw a little sheet!

That’s not true.