Tibetan Buddhism is not Buddhism; Lamas are not Buddhists

First off, the title is not my belief or words. It is quoted as accurately as I can recall.

This is printed on a LARGE yellow sign on the side of a building (2 or 3 stops before Shilin MRT). It is large enough to read clearly from the MRT coaches.
I am curious about the sign, as there are no signs for any other Buddhist movement anywhere around it.
I would think the only reason anybody would do this type of dissing would be to propogate their own form of Buddhism, but… there is nothing apparent there.
Anybody know the sign and have any clue about the seemingly random Tibetan dissing?

Sounds like something the Chinese Communist Pigs would come up with in order to dissuade local Buddhists from empathizing with the Tibetan victims of CCP oppression. Where’s the puke emoticon when I need it? :fume:

The sign is visible from Yuanshan MRT on the west side, No idea what it’s about though.

I’m guessing it was intended to be observed by the PRC tourists going to the flower show.

And you think perfectly nice Taiwanese Buddhists can’t come up with that?? Why would CCP give free publicity to Tibetan Buddhists???

This is religion. It’s always about money. And if you have ever had a run in with the major Buddhist organizations in Taiwan, you’ll know how rich they really are. Me thinks the smaller ones feel bad that the public is contributing to Tibetan Buddhism.

That said, every country, be it Sri Lanka, Japan, Myanmar, China, etc. thinks their Buddhism is the real thing.

I’ve heard stories about Tibetans pretending to be lamas just to get a visa and live a luxurious life in Taiwan. Maybe it has something to do with this?

All cows are bovines. Not all bovines are cows.

I have met few Buddhist in Taiwan and every single one of them thinks his/her religion is the original, and they openly diss other religions including the one from which Buddhism came into life! talk about money - i have had chance to see one so called ‘guru’'s meeting. he was charging 200 NT per person to enter in the meeting/lecture room.

One of my co-teachers informed me that to become a uniform wearing member of Tzu-Chi (the Buddhist organization that everyone loves), you need to make a minimum donation of a $1 million NT. It’s pretty much a rich housewive’s club. That being said I still believe they do a lot of good for the world, it’s just a little weird about the huge money involved.

[quote=“divea”]
And you think perfectly nice Taiwanese Buddhists can’t come up with that?? [/quote]

You think they’d do advertising of themselves as fakes and sexual abusers?

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“divea”]
And you think perfectly nice Taiwanese Buddhists can’t come up with that?? [/quote]

You think they’d do advertising of themselves as fakes and sexual abusers?[/quote]
:astonished: I can see you have a problem with me. But atleast try to make sense of what you’re saying. I have said nothing controversial. Just that, every time we point our fingers to the big bad world of Chinese communists, perfectly democratic :roflmao: law abiding :roflmao: upright :roflmao: Taiwanese organizations can be just as petty.

Read the following quotes.

I’ve seen the sign. Its main complaint seems to be that Tibetan lamas sleep with their disciples. I don’t know who put it up, though. Probably somebody who didn’t understand why his wife got the “two-body Buddha blessing.”

I’ve seen that sign. My reaction upon seeing it was “WTF?”

its all a load of bollocks…there’s self-titled “living buddah’s” setting up all over the Tibetan regions in China and it’s a pure scam. People pay money to sit with them and receive their blessings. In Burma there’s wankers setting up temples in the countryside and tithing the locals for money that they don’t actually have. Groucho said it best; religion is the opium of the people.

[quote=“divea”][quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“divea”]

You think they’d do advertising of themselves as fakes and sexual abusers?[/quote]
:astonished: I can see you have a problem with me. [/quote]

No I don’t, but I guess I misunderstood your post. Sorry! :bow:

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“divea”][quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“divea”]

:astonished: I can see you have a problem with me. [/quote]

No I don’t, but I guess I misunderstood your post. Sorry! :bow:[/quote]
No issues. I’ve been in your place a lot! :smiley:

If Taiwanese and Chinese were real Buddhists, they’d have more patience and would drive better.

Karl said it, actually. Well, he wrote it.

Indeed, very interesting subject.
Most viewpoints are definitely correct, orthodox Buddhism should not get money, sex, politic, power, and fame, etc. involved at all. Buddhism refers to sentient beings attainment of supra-mundane wisdom and the ultimate liberation from the three realms (desire-realm, form-realm, and formless-realm). The main focus of the postings are on Tibetan Tantric Buddhism. That is because, apart from swindling money out of their followers, lamas have committed countless sexual abuses under guise of Tibet “Buddhism,” in fact, TB is practicing the Couple-Practice Tantra of Tantrism, keep excericing their sexual potential, it is not Buddhism at all. The postings are meant to warn the general public and to protect females from being deceived by lamas. Nothing to do with politic, money.
Thank you for your discussions and patience.
A Buddha’s son, with joint palms

p.s.: For more details, you can visit the following website:

tantrismuskritik.blogspot.com/20 … f-urn.html

I LOVE it! Its like saying EVERY Catholic priest is a kiddy-fiddler. Too funny!