Tips for quarantine upon landing

Thanks. But still two bedroom are needed unless ones home has at least two bathrooms then?

You could ask to 地方政府居家檢疫及居家隔離關懷服務中心.

Thanks.

We are in a nearly identical situation. I am considering renting a furnished place for a couple of months. My son has dietary issues, so we must have access to a kitchen, so the hotel idea does not really work for us. Assuming we get the permission mentioned above, anyone with good ideas?

@tando Any idea where the New Taipei City quarantine rules are (almost everything online is for Taipei City)? I looked in their website and couldn’t find them. You seem to know exactly where to look for these things …

And if you happen to have a link to the overall CDC rules (preferably in English) for quarantine, that would be awesome!

CDC’s English FAQ is here.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Category/QAPage/SbkmnM5v0OwdDMjJ2tI_xw

Q6 in the page corresponds to Mandarin Q9 I pasted.

CDC’s civid site

New Taipei city’s covid19 site in Mandarin

I’ll put English page later if I’ll find it.

1 Like

@tando Thanks you are the best.

Why would it be all or none? One parent and at least one child (if they are younger than 20) can stay at their home if the place only has one bathroom.

Hope someone can help answer this question.
I’m planning to come to Taiwan from Hong Kong in mid June. Apparently the regulations have just changed and I can now do ‘home’ quarantine rather than stay in the quarantine hotels - actually I’m not sure if it is even possible to stay in a quarantine hotel now - are they for the people who have tested positive? Anyway, trouble is, ‘the home’ is not convenient to stay in, so I would be looking for a hotel or Airbnb to stay in - are their restrictions as to which hotel or Airbnb I can stay - there’s nothing I can find in English yet.
Thanks!

where did you read this? seems unlikely that they would loosen the regulations at this time (except maybe for pilots…)

I heard it from the wife - who read it in Chinese and confirmed with a phone call. Agree it seems strange, but I’ve learned to not question the other half unless I have very good evidence to the contrary.

I believe home quarantine has always been an option unless you were a migrant worker coming from certain countries (SE Asia I believe). But you need to have a real home, which isn’t a short term rental made just for the purpose of quarantine.

Are you a TW national or ARC holder? Do you not have a residence here?

Which Taiwanese government office did she call, and did she ask which website had the relevant details while they were on the line?

how about ‘home’ quarantine and specifically a non-quarantine hotel or Airbnb, as was in the post?

There are still quarantine hotels for inbound travelers. They are not the same ones where the people who have tested positive stay. Quarantine at a non-quarantine hotel or Airbnb is not legal.

2 Likes

Look, if there is no one else in the house, especially infants and elderly, you guys can stay by yourselves.

Otherwise, no way Jose. Aa separate room in the house with it’s own bathroom won’t work with others in the house. Yes, people have caught the bug that way so that’s why there are rules.

And no one is allowed to visit/ linger half an hour.

1 Like

if you stay in Taipei

as far as I know, this requirement has not been changed. You may carefully read the site below.

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5081-c06dc-2.html

Cannot find a source anymore but there was something about a change in the requirement of a room in quarantine. I read it at the time as relaxing the requirement for a separate bathroom in order for all the current quarantined people to be able to make it work. Cannot find a link anymore though, might have been on Twitter. Might have been false info also.

Found that in Mandarin

Q45.自110年5月16日起居家檢疫之檢疫居所調整為1人1室相關問答輯。

Q1.檢疫居所調整為「1人1室」,何謂「1人1室」。
A1.「1人1室」係指檢疫期間,居家檢疫者於家中之獨立專用房間(含衛浴設備)進行檢疫,若居家檢疫者與非居家檢疫者同住一戶,則須各別具有專用房間(含衛浴設備)區隔。

Q54.110年5月16日起居家(個別)隔離實行「1人1室」措施相關問答輯

1 Like

Thanks! Q39 also.

Still not sure what the change is. Was it allowed before for two people to share a room?

It was 1 person 1 house before, with some exceptions.

The information was from this news website.
https://udn.com/news/story/120940/5479424
She called the CDC hotline - 1922