Tired of living in this s***hole

No need for that at all, and not wasted effort. Nice quote!

2 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Has anyone had any experience with shipping lately? Container prices have gone down. A lot. I got a quote for a half container the other day and the Taiwanese shipping company said $13,000usd. It’s only $2200 for a container. That seems to be a huge mark up. When I asked for a breakdown on costs the guy ghosted me.

https://www.seatrade-maritime.com/containers/2023-could-bring-all-out-price-war-container-lines

price war coming

3 Likes

Yeah but will us “weiguoren” benefit from it? I did the math on that quote I was given. It would be cheaper to use the post office.

It will be a while before shipping companies would pass the savings to customers.

With China opening up, demand for containers would go up again.

our office had to send a box (30kg) to our office in Dubai. we were quoted 22,000 for air freight. with those prices I might as well buy a ticket and hand carry the goods.

5 Likes

There’s a place in downtown Hsinchu called “123” that is VERY popular with Japanese Science Park visitors/workers. I used to eat there on occasion also. Good food but a little expensive.

1 Like

By Taipei standards, Hsinchu City’s 123 is not expensive. It does tasty stirfries and some familiar dishes to Japanese visitors, served piping hot with rice and cold beer.

I can totally see why Japanese guys especially would like it.

Guy

I wish would stop raining in this shithole fucking depressing.
Huge row with the gf last night over nothing.
I need to leave shithole next year surrounded by mask wearing Taiwanese and rusty metal grills on apartments.

Looks like a shithole is a shithole.

2 Likes

Yeah, the rain is getting me down too. Haven’t been out for a run for a few days now cos it’s just non-stop. I don’t mind the rain as such, but I’m pretty ancient now and I have to consider the possibility of slipping on the bathroom-tile sidewalks and breaking a bone.

4 Likes

Come south, its the dry season, but may rain later today but most days has sun till the wet season starting April-May

11 Likes

Yeah, come down to Kaohsiung. We had a toxic week a little while ago, when someone said there was rice chaff being burned in the fields, but since then only moderate/yellow air pollution.

If course green would be better, but i have to stay in the city for work purposes. Can’t you move to the south or even the east?

Taipei is not Taiwan. But i might head up for a visit if it ever stops raining, though

2 Likes

Sadly stuck in Taipei, girlfriend’s work and family.
I’m supposed to be starting a business but I don’t have the energy or motivation in Taipei.
To crowded! finding a reasonable price selling space, putting up with the most unhelpful bank possible.
Talking to a Turkish guy sellin kebabs in Gongguan, he’s moving to Tainan I think he said because Taipei to expensive and business slow. 2 years ago good trade but now poor, French guy selling cakes and quiche said exactly the same, most sales now on Shopee.
Not sure if moving south is a better option for me?
I have exactly a year left on my ARC I quite sure I won’t be trying to renew.

1 Like

I think you are letting weather affect you too much.

3 Likes

Too too too too ffs

4 Likes

If your girlfriend is stuck in Taipei, Taiwan is still a better option than not Taiwan. How about Taichung? That’s where I’d go if my job wasn’t here

3 Likes

You’re doomed to be free.

1 Like

Buy a kebab off your Turkish friend. Put on the kettle. Or get some beers, smokes, betelnuts whatever your poison is. Then watch some soccer. Boom. Next problem.

3 Likes

On a lighter note.
Anyone suggest a better name for these?