Top 10 Funniest Movies of All Time

Hey, have you seen Best in Show? I love the cast. I think Eugene Levy, Christopher Guest, and Catherine O’Hara make such a good ensemble. There was another movie I’ve seen with them in it and it was filarious.

How’s about Legally Blonde? :astonished: Heheheh…I love Jennifer Coolidge. She looks so cougared out and she plays those characters tres well!

This is one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen. :laughing:

[quote=“914”]Hey, have you seen Best in Show? I love the cast. I think Eugene Levy, Christopher Guest, and Catherine O’Hara make such a good ensemble. There was another movie I’ve seen with them in it and it was filarious.

How’s about Legally Blonde? :astonished: Heheheh…I love Jennifer Coolidge. She looks so cougared out and she plays those characters tres well![/quote]
Best in Show should be in there somewhere, as should
A Mighty Wind.

Maybe not a commedy but trainspotting has one of my favourite funny scenes, as spud, forced to go to a job interview by the DSS, must perform well enough to keep his giro but badly enough not to get the job. Renton helps him out with a little speed and Spud’s winning personality takes care of the rest:

[quote]1st Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, do you mean that you lied on your application?
Spud: No! Uh. Yes. Only to get my foot in the door. Showing initiative and that like.
1st Interviewer: But you were referred here by the department of employment, there was no need for you to get your “foot in the door,” as you put it.
Spud: Ehhh… cool. Whatever you say, I’m sorry. You’re the man. The dude in the chair.
2nd Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, what attracts you to the leisure industry?
Spud: In a word: pleasure. It’s like, my pleasure in other people’s leisure.
[/quote]

[quote=“Hobbes”][quote=“Namahottie”]Some of you guys put movies down that were serious!!! It’s the FUNNIEST movies… :raspberry: :unamused: anyway here’s my list…

[TEXT OMITTED]

Breakfest Club
Sixteen Candles[/quote]

Care to explain yourself here young lady? :fume:

Are you saying that the angst and emotional trauma of these brave young souls, struggling to find love and meaning as they come of age in a confusing world are not serious? Are we to simply dismiss the meloncholy confusion, the vulnerable searching, the tender friendships, the heartache lightened with shining wit and laughter, and the ultimately inspirational moral lessons these films offered us? These films touched the lives of a generation and offered hope and guidance to millions. And you would have us dismiss them as mere comedies. :snooty:

:wink:[/quote]

I KNOW you are trippin’(emoticon: head rolling)

Anyway my number two film just came to mind…

2-Richard Pyor Live on Sunset !!!

Here are my picks, in no particular order:

Monty Python and The Holy Grail
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
A Fish Called Wanda
Bedazzled (original)
The Wrong Box
Midnight Run
Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery
So I Married an Ax Murderer
Fierce Creatures
The Mask

These are the films which caused large amounts of bellylaughs…in order of recollection.

1. Harry and Walter go to New York.(Classic slapstick)
  2. Southpark .Bigger, Longer and uncut. (Uncle Fucker killed me)
  3. Biodome (Shave poochieee!)
  4. Lethal Weapon 2 ( Joe pesci was great)
  5. A Fish called Wanda (Don’t call me stupid!)
  6. Caddyshack (Bill Murray esp.)
  7. Jackass the movie (WTF!!)
  8. Waiting for Guffman (I’m going home to bite my pillow)
  9. Mars attacks (Cool martians)
  10. National Lampoon’s Vacation (“Good talk Russ…”)

I thought Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels (A Disgrace to Criminals Everywhere) was funnier than Snatch, but I liked both a lot.

Here’s some that haven’t made the list yet*:

Mel Brooks’ The Producers ("“Gregor Samsa awoke one morning to discover that he had been transformed into a giant cockroach.” Nah, it’s too good.") IMO, far superior to Blazing Saddles and easily Brooks’ best movie ever

Ice Cube’s and DJ Pooh’s Friday (“You better get your ass off your shoulders and make that money”)

Happy, Texas (“Lord, I want you to bless these girls here. Help them to take this pageant by the balls and rip 'em off. They’re smart, and beautiful, and… well, if those judges can’t see that then I hope that on Judgment Day you put their asses through a meat grinder. Amen.”)

Albert Brooks’s (brother of Bob “Super Dave” Einstein, btw) Lost in America (“Say it! Say it! Say “I lost the nest-egg.” Go on, say it!”)

Joe Dante’s The Burbs ("Nobody knocks off an old man in my neighborhood and gets away with it. ")

My list, in no order:

[i]The Big Lebowski
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Me, Myself & Irene
Dumb & Dumber
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
The Producers
Life of Brian
Naked Gun /i
Best in Show
The Jerk

*–EDIT: Wrong, I failed to see that Namahottie nailed Friday already, sorry! Yeah, those pigeons. :laughing: Chris Tucker…

One more :slight_smile: (nice topic!)

Because I’ve seen Holy Grail so many times that its humor is no longer fresh, I might replace it with Go (1999).

It’s similar to Lock, Stock (drug-addled slackers) and Pulp Fiction (it’s about a drug deal told from 3 different viewpoints) both, but it’s totally fresh.

Highest recommendation. Be sure you catch Desmond Askew take a bullet (in his arm) at the end.

:laughing:

woody allen’s

Love and Death

Russian soldier: If we kill more Frenchmen, we win. If they kill more Russians, they win."

Woody allen: “Uhhh, what do we win?”

Soldier: “Do you want to eat all those heavy sauces?”

Men: “NOOOOOOO!”

Yeah, Best in Show. Especially that beach ball collection at the end.

The other one that sprung tears of breathless laughter to my eyes was the gingerbread man interrogation scene in Shrek.

Anyone see Irvine Welsh’s (Trainspotting) other extravaganza “The Acid House”?? Loads of sick humor in that.
Welcome to Collinwood (Michael Jeter- funny R.I.P)
Jay and Silent Bob (actually, most of Kevin Smith’s stuff is funny)
Get Over It (Martin Short is hilarious)

“Serial”

“Animal House”

“The Producers”

I remember The Court Jester had me in tears from laughing too much, but I don’t remember why, it’s that long since I’ve seen it.

I liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and As Good As It Gets too. A whole bunch of Woody Allen movies have had me in fits of laughter, but I can’t remember what they were called. Oh well.

Oh, and Monty Python’s Holy Grail.

well here are my favs, in no order.

snatch
lock stock and two smoking barrels
shrek 2
monty python: the meaning of life
monty python:the life of brian
austin powers in goldmember
scary movie
scary movie2
scary movie3
and finally daddy day care

Did someone mention Spaceballs? Okay. Just checking.

If just for the scene of Dark Helmet playing with the action figures and the line “Mega Maid’s gone from suck to blow.”

Did any of you ever see the cult film The Party Animal?

That should be in here. Somewhere. It just defies explanation.

Recent events stirred up memories of this classic:

Where the Buffalo Roam.

Not many movies can I watch again and again, but this one I will never tire of.

The tall blond with one brown shoe. Not to be confused with the crappy US remake starring Fox.

I can not believe nobody mentioned Kingpin. The movie is hilarious…and just wrong at times… especially the scene with the landlady at the beginning.