Top Ten Led Zeppelin Songs

Seeing as though were are putting up a list of Beatles songs why not a list of Led Zeppelin Songs

1. Stairway to Heaven (by far the best rock song ever)
  2. In My Time of Dying
  3. Dazed and Confused
  4. Whole Lotta Love
  5. In the Evening
  6. Nobody’s fault but mine
  7. Moby Dick
  8. Kashmir
  9. The Rain Song
  10. Thank You
    Honorable mentions
  11. Travelling Riverside Blues
  12. Communication Breakdown
  13. Black Mountainside
    Zeppelin was musically superior to the Beatles and at times lyrically better than them as well.
2 Likes

[quote]Zeppelin was musically superior to the Beatles and at times lyrically better than them as well.
[/quote]
I MUCH prefer Zep to the Beatles, who I don’t like at all really, but “musically superior?” You are kidding, right?
“Lyrically superior?” Most of their songs were ripped off from the delta.

There’s no doubt whatsoever though that they totally kick the asses of the Beatles.

They kikcked everyone’s ass, nobody wanted them to open for them and they were too big for an opening act. They ripped off but they improved as well.

[quote]They ripped off but they improved as well.
[/quote]
No. I mean really ripped off – stole people’s songs and passed them off as their own. Still, a great blues band.

Your talking about Whole Lotta Love right? They paid the royalties for that one.

I like Zep lots more than the Beatles too, but sandy’s right. If you listen to the old blues records, you’ll hear all sorts of lyrics you thought were written by Zep. Killing floor… is one that comes to mind off the top o’ my head.

As for tunes that I like a bunch:

Misty Mountain Hop
Dyer Maker
No Quarter
Hey Hey, what can I do (Street corner girl)

Well, there’s a bunch I like a bunch…

If you get the remastered edition you will find the proper credits are there. Killing Floor was a Chester “howling wolf” morganfield song. He copied from…and he copied from… and the list goes on and on.

Do you mean to tell me that Led Zeppelin actually ripped off old blues songs and almost nobody noticed? And that it wasn’t until the remastered edition of Zeppelin’s music was released that they acknowledged it?
So much for us knowing more about the roots of our music than the Taiwanese do.

Oh, right, the top ten. I only like one - Stairway to Heaven. Up until ten minutes ago, there were two - Whole Lotta Love, but this post has disillusioned me.

every song on the first four albums

in my time of dying
ramble on
bring it on home
the battle of evermore
four sticks
the crunge
no quarter
how many more times
friends
gallows pole
black mountain side
nobody’s fault but mine

ok that’s enough :slight_smile: or i’ll never stop :slight_smile:

Can’t choose, sorry! Led Zeppelin rocks! I have the 10 cd box set at home (in Canada). I remember how proud I was when I dished 200 bucks for it!

Black Dog!

Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move
Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove.
Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing
Gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting.
Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way
Watch your honey drip, can’t keep away.

*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah., Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah.

I gotta roll, can’t stand still,
Got a flame in my heart, can’t get my fill,
Eyes that shine burning red,
Dreams of you all thru my head.
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah.

Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby,
Tell me what you do me now.
(Repeat)

Didn’t take too long ‘fore I found out
What people mean by down and out.
Spent my money, took my car,
Started tellin’ her friends she wants to be a star.
I don’t know what I’ve been told
Big legged woman ain’t got no soul

• Chorus

All I ask for when I pray,
Steady rollin’ woman gonna come my way.
Need a woman gonna hold my hand
And tell me no lies, make me a happy man.

“Stairway to Heaven” was a direct rip of Spirit’s “Taurus”…

“Dazed and Confused”…read here:

THE THIEVING MAGPIES:
Jimmy Page’s Dubious Recording Legacy

[quote=“Grasshopper”]
2) In My Time of Dying [/quote]

Thats an old Blind Willie Johnson song. Which, co-incidentally was also recorded by Mr Bob Dylan, on ‘Bringing it all back home’.

In my humble opinion all conversations about music should start and end with Bob Dylan. For me his is the only music truly worth putting into my head. Its just the way I feel.

Spirit!!! YES! “Dark Eyed Woman”!

Spirit!!! YES! “Dark Eyed Woman”![/quote]

Monkey See, Monkey Do. Randy California got me high in Edinburgh one time.

Lots of blues songs sound very similar.

Has anyone every listened to the zydeco grooves of Boozoo Chavis? Its a shame he died a few years ago. Boozoo’s unstoppable, high-powered arsenal of two-steps, blues tunes and waltzes are never boring to listen to. In my opinion, blues songs don’t sound the same when they adopt many genres in one song.

Chewy

OK last two

In the light
Bron-y-aur stomp

Zep kicks so much ass. Too many of their songs are personal favorites comprising some of the best songs I’ve ever heard, but I’d give my #1 to “Kashmir”. Man, what an awesome jam! :notworthy:

I like their extended polka version of Kashmir. :wink: