Awesome movie or most awesome movie?

I know its not out yet but its based on a comic by Frank Miller (sin city, batman: dark knight returns.) His comic is based on the movie 300 Spartans from the 60’s. The setting is very stylized but it seems the spartans are wearing somewhat accuracte gear. Its just a really stylish telling of the hard to believe battle, making it a little harder to believe, haha!

The tartan Spartan. Can’t wait to see this one.

Where’s da Chief…Where’s Da Chief?

The Spartans went into battle playing pipes…auloi (αυλόι) in Greek.

Yeah, I know. My reference was much less esoteric, though. Leonidas is played by the fantastic Gerard Butler, who comes from Paisley.
Piece of trivia: He bulked up enormously for his 300 role, and his next project was the part of a limo driver with a beer belly, so he had to turn it all to flab. But had to turn it all into muscle again when it came time to do the publicity rounds for 300. Now THAT’S dedication to yer craft.

[quote=“sandman”]Yeah, I know. My reference was much less esoteric, though. Leonidas is played by the fantastic Gerard Butler, who comes from Paisley.
Piece of trivia: He bulked up enormously for his 300 role, and his next project was the part of a limo driver with a beer belly, so he had to turn it all to flab. But had to turn it all into muscle again when it came time to do the publicity rounds for 300. Now THAT’S dedication to yer craft.[/quote]

Thats impressive. Christian Bale did a similar thing, going from skin and bones (like almost death camp skinny) to a pretty buff Batman for Begins.

Some ‘300’ trailers:

youtube.com/watch?v=uhi5x7V3WXE

youtube.com/watch?v=EKIpXpiA … ed&search=

apple.com/trailers/wb/300/

Looks like an entertaining movie.

Good God, are they fighting Persians or Orcs?

I guess they only APPEAR monstrous in comparison with Sparta’s famous democratic values.

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]Good God, are they fighting Persians or Orcs?

I guess they only APPEAR monstrous in comparison with Sparta’s famous democratic values.[/quote]

They are Persian Orcs, thank you.
Keep in mind this is based on a comic, based on a movie, based on a historical event. Its bound to get mixed up along the way, haha.

Saw the trailer in the theatre. Looks goooood. I’m a big fan of Frank Miller.

So glad to see graphic novels getting more and more screen time.

ge

Rent “Dear Frankie” if you want to see him as a “normal” man. That’s a great film too.

ma

[quote=“almondbiscuit”]normal man?

[/quote]
I mean not a cartoon character-type man.

300 is an excellent movie to see at the Imax theater. I actually got blood splashed on my pimp hat.

Agree! Gerard Butler is definitely, er, charismatic. Was quite taken with him when I caught Dear Frankie.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ll check it out at the Imax tomorrow.
Erm…or today.
Later.
Batman Begins was awesome there.

Yup, a buddy saw it there last night and said it’s the only way to go.

Where is the Imax theatre?

Yeah, and er what time are the shows there?