Tosa Inu breeder in Taiwan

You guess right. I know or know of many, many people here who make money by letting their dogs fuck (sorry, I can’t bring myself to describe them as breeders). Some of them might indeed have the requisite level of moral fibre you seek, but you’ll have no way of knowing, as there are absolutely NO recognized breeders here. Of ANY breed. None.
And in any case, since you’ve already been shown that you can’t bring the dog into Oz, the whole thing’s moot. (I presume your bit about the customs blokes letting it in because they won’t know what it is was a joke.)

I have never ever seen a Tosa Inu. They look like they could be slobbering… My friend was babysitting a corgie and boy do those dogs drool all over the place!

Have you found any Tosa Inu breeders in Taiwan?

[quote=“Battery9”]I have never ever seen a Tosa Inu. They look like they could be slobbering… My friend was babysitting a corgie and boy do those dogs drool all over the place!

Have you found any Tosa Inu breeders in Taiwan?[/quote]

To be honest I haven’t looked that much. I read recently that the tosa breed was brought here by the Japanese. I have liked the breed for a while and thought I would look into any breeders here. I am not moving back home before 1 year so its no rush. But something I would investigate for a long period before making the decision. I just thought I would make a simple post and ask if anyone knew a breeder. I could then do some more looking into it. Not a big deal really. Thought it would have been a simple yes I know one here is a contact or sorry I cant help type thing. :slight_smile:

And that is just it. I suppose you could hire a private investigator to find out if such breeders would actually refuse to sell a dog to people who intend to train the dogs to fight. My guess is that this would be next to impossible to find out, indeed. Besides, as sandman said, there are no certified breeders here.

Anyways, why would you buy a dog here and pay so much to import it while risking getting busted at custom for lying about the breed when you can get the same dog where you are going to from a real certified and reputable breeder?

No one is throwing stones, man. Just trying to make sense of this because it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

marboulette

And that is just it. I suppose you could hire a private investigator to find out if such breeders would actually refuse to sell a dog to people who intend to train the dogs to fight. My guess is that this would be next to impossible to find out, indeed. Besides, as sandman said, there are no certified breeders here.

Anyways, why would you buy a dog here and pay so much to import it while risking getting busted at custom for lying about the breed when you can get the same dog where you are going to from a real certified and reputable breeder?

No one is throwing stones, man. Just trying to make sense of this because it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

marboulette[/quote]

Well, I was interested in seeing what the tosa was like here. They vary from country to country. I have considered maybe breeding dogs in the future. I have always considered the Tosa to be one of my choices. Taiwan having a history of Tosa being bought by the Japanese I figured there might be some reputable bloodlines. No biggie. Was actually something that I regained interest in when I read the article about Taiwan and Tosa. I never knew they had the breed here.

Fair enough. I don’t particularly like the idea of breeding, mostly in countries such as Taiwan (for good reasons, I think), but I can see the importance of responsibly breeding certain breeds or else at some point they could fade out and become extinct. Problem is in Taiwan is that too many people have earned Taiwan a reputation for being unscrupulous when it comes to breeding so I hope you can understand the responses you have received even though they may not all have been fair to you, including my own. I guess some of us are a bit on the defensive, here. :wink:

marboulette