Tour de France 2012

Ok. Who is watching? How and where?

Who you rooting for? What are your predictions?

For me it’s Bradley Wiggins and I’m thinking Cadel is going to try for the second win and the chances are high.

[quote=“Steviebike”]Ok. Who is watching? How and where?

Who you rooting for? What are your predictions?

For me it’s Bradley Wiggins and I’m thinking Cadel is going to try for the second win and the chances are high.[/quote]

Here is one option:
steephill.tv/tour-de-france/

Don’t know who I’m shouting for–“rooting” has a different meaning for them Aussies–but I’ll be watching every stage. Can’t wait!

Edit: I’d love to see Ryder Hesjedal on the podium, but after grinding out the Giro win, he’ll probably fade in the last week or so. It’s a flatter, and bound to be more technical course this year, so it will be quite interesting. Some punters are speculating that this new type of course will blow the race wide open. It’s hard to pick a favorite just yet.

I’ll be watching. Online. And yeah, no Australian will be ‘rooting’ for Cadel, although I wouldn’t mind fucking his wife. :laughing: Don’t care who wins I just love watching the mountain stages and the breakaways and seeing the glorious countryside.Can’t wait.

[quote=“Wookiee”]http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/

Don’t know who I’m shouting for–“rooting” has a different meaning for them Aussies–but I’ll be watching every stage. Can’t wait!

Edit: I’d love to see Ryder Hesjedal on the podium, but after grinding out the Giro win, he’ll probably fade in the last week or so. It’s a flatter, and bound to be more technical course this year, so it will be quite interesting. Some punters are speculating that this new type of course will blow the race wide open. It’s hard to pick a favorite just yet.[/quote]

Steep hill was my choice for the spring classics, with a hit or miss luck. Hopefully I can watch it. Was thinking of using Eurosport pay-per-month. Just worried it won’t work and I just lose my money.

Rooting, yea, as I was typing it I thought, that might go one way or another :blush:

It is flatter (still enough climbs though) and with two individual TT’s and no ITT it is very interesting. It actually favours Wiggo, I think. But with the Tour you never know. Ryder, to win? That would be awesome, the double whammy is hard to achieve (was going to say pull off, not walking into that innuendo).

Just hope there are no major accidents this year.

Allez Wiggo!

My favorite time of the year is here. I’m thinking of upgrading to Eurosport too. Steephill’s OK but the streams start to freeze towards the end of each day’s racing.

[quote=“the bear”]Allez Wiggo!

My favorite time of the year is here. I’m thinking of upgrading to Eurosport too. Steephill’s OK but the streams start to freeze towards the end of each day’s racing.[/quote]

I used the Eurosport service in the UK no problem. I read reviews for the iPad (don’t have one) and it wasn’t that good. So stick to the standard online version. Let me now if you do and how you rate it.

Wiggo for the win!

Oh and I’m covering the Tour on my website, but a kind of fact per stage, rather than reporting (I’m not there!). Have a look www.headsetpress.co.uk

I HATE that. They frequently drop out and miss the last 5 km, and by the time you restart (even if you can get back on immediately), the race is actually over because the stream you were watching was actually buffered by 5 minutes delay by the end of the race.

Same here. But being an ex-fanatic , I only can be happy with Europsort in HD. Watched all the classic races this season already and the image quality is just gorgeous - as the detail of filming by the Crews. Looking forward ! Start in Liege today :thumbsup:

I watching on TEN HD satellite channel with the European commentary. I also have Eurosports Asia on satellite but not same people doing the talking and Eurosports Asia have advertizing TEN HD no advertizing. ITV4 HD I have but also many advertizing. You can also get online ITV4

Maybe MOD will have it on CTS or other channel sometimes has.

I like Schleck brothers better

Correction :fume: :raspberry: NOT Happy
While it should be Cycling as it shows on the schedule - they broadcast Athletics currently. Not happy.

Correction :fume: :raspberry: NOT Happy
While it should be Cycling as it shows on the schedule - they broadcast Athletics currently. Not happy.[/quote]

It Eurosports Taiwan never have Tour De France same as last year. Its not Eurosports Asia. Last year I think CTS have some of tour

I think they are 7 hours behind … they’ll show it probably 2:00AM Taiwan time … Sunday morning that is.

Neh. Scheduled for 14.00 hr CET which is 9PM here. They show on the MOD shedule cycling but don’t broadcast.
I am not sure Aboriginal Girl as they broadcasted all spring classics as well the Italian Giro each day…

spartacus just spanked that prologue, as usual. wiggo looks exactly as good as he’s been all year.

Neh. Scheduled for 14.00 hr CET which is 9PM here. They show on the MOD shedule cycling but don’t broadcast.
I am not sure Aboriginal Girl as they broadcasted all spring classics as well the Italian Giro each day…[/quote]

It start live from 8:15pm live and finish short time ago. Sunday is 8pm live. CET is only 6 hours not 7 from Taiwan. Some days it’s live from 7pm.

tv.asia.eurosport.com/tvschedule.shtml

I did not see it on MOD schedule this year on MOD Eurosport. I think MOD has the Eurosport Pacific tv.au.eurosport.com/ and no Tour De France

Yeah, Wiggo has thrown down the gauntlet. He was cooking in the last half. But Fabi, wow!
Good teaser for what’s ahead.

Very impressed with Cavendish’s win on stage 2. No lead-out and beat André Greipel and his lead-out, who has often said he is better than Cav.

real fun watching the slow-mos of that win. You can see Cav’s little yellow head coming up from way back in the peloton like some sort of a Manx ninja. Cav’s really playing it smart this year by downplaying his chances of green. Whether or not he gets green it’d be a brave man not to back him to win on the Champs D’elysee yet again with a full Sky leadout (and hopefully Wiggo in yellow too).

Goss has said he has to win today to catch up with Sagan. But its a hell of a lead-in with three Cat 4’s and a Cat 3 in the last 15 kms. Should be mayhem.

I know what you mean! You could see it bobbing up and down. Bit bizarre the yellow helmets, I know they are top of the team leader board, but they look a bit silly IMHO. Still if I was one of them I might think different, it’s the Tour!