Tour de France 2012

One and two team Sky. Nice work!

Bastards.

That was a great stage what? All kinds of drama. Cadel blowing up, Nibali doing a double attack, Froome dog taking off with a rush of blood. Great ride by Rolland. And Wiggo just sits there the whole time riding tempo.

I’m guessing Yates will offer Froome next year’s tour if he’ll hold off on attacking Wiggins.

Awesome stage. Yeah, Evans had to make a move. Too bad he didn’t have the legs. Great work by Sky to shut everything down. I would have loved to be on the Sky team bus after the race. I think “Vroom” was going for it. Wiggo didn’t look all that comfortable, actually, but he held up realy well for such a killer stage.

I feel sorry for Froome. You can imagine the mindset of the team, with every decision revolving around Wiggins. But Froome could win the goddamned tour in his own right, from the position of a domestique, and he must know it. If I was the team director :smiley: I would have let him go. and we would be watching a far more exciting tour.

Go Froome dog, go!

And to think, people used to complain about Cadel being a boring rider, just riding tempo and sucking the wheel of the man in front. I’m gonna complain about Wiggo now, in the same vein.

“Eh Wiggo, yer a borin’ cunt!”

It was a great stage, apart from that boring cunt just riding tempo. I think he was absolutely on the edge of his performance curve all day, knowing exactly how much power he could put out for just so long. Yeah, letting Froome go would make for a much better race, even if Cadel does lose.

One of the funniest things was Wiggo ‘congratulating’ Nibali. He wasn’t saying “Yeah, good ride mate”, he was saying: “So you think you can get away from the front like that? Wiggo the relentless timetrialler will just suck you back in, mate.”

HI Patio Bar.Thanks for the PM. Yes I live in Danshui so it’s a bit far to go all the way downtown. What channels do you have the TDF on?
You said in your PM you have satellite TV I assume in HD?

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed following this year’s Tour. The British success has been unbelievable. Who’d have expected us to have four different stage winners! Of course, I’ll be cheering Wiggo and Froome all the way to Paris.

Does anyone else find it extraordinarily disappointing that we have no TV coverage of this event in a country that’s such a big player in the global bicycle industry and where cycling has gained so much popularity in recent years?

There is TV coverage here for TDF in HD just as there was TV coverage here for the Rugby World Cup, Super 15, ITM, Currie Cup and the test rugby matches and the Euro 2012 in HD. Next week I will have 6 new channels with 24 hour Olympics coverage at home.

If you mean no coverage on MOD that’s because MOD is so cheap they don’t charge enough fees to subscrbers pay for a lot of good sports content. The Euro 2012 they were offered it at NT$400 million and Elta said they didnt have that kind of money to pay for the Euro. MOD is NT$389 a month for full package its so cheap so why complain if somethings they don’t show. In any other country you pay a lot more because they have better content and sports costs a lot of budget for any broadcaster. Before MOD only few years ago only have cable TV which cost more with even less programs. MOD is not only broadcaster in Taiwan.

[quote=“Aboriginal girl”]There is TV coverage here for TDF in HD just as there was TV coverage here for the Rugby World Cup, Super 15, ITM, Currie Cup and the test rugby matches and the Euro 2012 in HD. Next week I will have 6 new channels with 24 hour Olympics coverage at home.

If you mean no coverage on MOD that’s because MOD is so cheap they don’t charge enough fees to subscrbers pay for a lot of good sports content. The Euro 2012 they were offered it at NT$400 million and Elta said they didnt have that kind of money to pay for the Euro. MOD is NT$389 a month for full package its so cheap so why complain if somethings they don’t show. In any other country you pay a lot more because they have better content and sports costs a lot of budget for any broadcaster. Before MOD only few years ago only have cable TV which cost more with even less programs. MOD is not only broadcaster in Taiwan.[/quote]

No ones talking about MOD or satellite packages. CTV or TTV should cough up and buy the rights. The government is supposed to be supporting the growth of cycling as a sport here and broadcasting the TDF would be one way to do that.

I don’t see why the government should waste tax dollars on sports events on TV. Thats why you have commercial broadcasters but MOD did not do us a favor by getting a Eurosport with no TDF. I guess we can always watch the tour in Poland instead.

None of my friends have any interest in watching a bunch if men in panty hose on bicycles going from one place to another. :2cents:

It would be better if they had a local Taiwan tour on TV and then had local Taiwanese riding in the TDF. Maybe then they might want to broadcast it.

It’s called paying your dues, and is a time honored tradition in the TdF – I remember the same situation with Greg LeMonde and Hinault. Same as someone else mentioned – they told him ‘be patient and pay your dues, and we’ll make you the star next year.’

don’t hold your breath waiting for that to happen…

I really watch the tour because thats what it is. A tour and the helicopter TV shows all the nice castles and other places and they give nice history lesson.

Every couple of years my husband lets me go to Europe on 7 or 8 week vacation to visit a lot of places and can visit some of these nice villages the tour goes through.

[quote=“Aboriginal girl”]I really watch the tour because thats what it is. A tour and the helicopter TV shows all the nice castles and other places and they give nice history lesson.

Every couple of years my husband lets me go to Europe on 7 or 8 week vacation to visit a lot of places and can visit some of these nice villages the tour goes through.[/quote]
For our honeymoon, my wife and I did a trip to Europe – one of the high points was taking a boat trip down (or up?) the Rhine river and seeing all the amazing castles on either bank.

It certainly is a very beautiful place. Many old things.

is it live now?

nah its live at 8pm here, today, July 15th, innit?

live now

:bravo:

Good stuff by Wiggins yesterday, waiting for Cadel :bravo: . I hope whoever put the tacks on the road is caught otherwise this kind of thing might become more common. The French police are saying it will be ‘very difficult’ to find the perpetrators because there were ‘thousands of people’ on the climb. But there must have been hundreds of cameras too - taking both video and stills - and it wouldn’t be too difficult to use the internet to source that from loyal fans. Riders in the breakaway weren’t affected so the saboteurs, in all probability, acted within ten minutes or so of the yellow jersey group passing. That’s a pretty small window.

But I guess it’s the police we are talking about, who might not be too savvy with these new fangled intrawebs. Hope it’s not Inspector Clouseau leading the investigation.