Tour de France 2012

Yes, and I hope that if they do find him, they nail him to a wall with tacks.
Extremely poor form by Pierre Rolland, who is now saying he wasn’t aware of what was going on when the leaders slowed to wait for Evans. I saw riders shouting at him when they were rolling easy. He obviously heard what they were saying, but chose to go on the attack. I doubt anyone believes him.

Yes Wookie, but at that stage he didn’t know the extent of it. If he thought it was only Evans with a single puncture at the top of the hill, to be soon helped, then he doesn’t need to obey SKY’s orders. We were watching it unfold live, while he was getting poorly relayed delayed and inadequate info through his earpiece. When he took off it was still unfolding behind him.
[color=#BF0000]SACRE BLEU, I can’t believe I’m [/color][color=#4000FF]defending a Frenchman! Rolland[/color][color=#FFFFFF], must be a c*nt, he’s French![/color] :laughing: Evidence: 1985, 1999, 2007…

Once the extent of the problem became known, he should have immediately come back to the main group, but he took a bit long.

There have been problems like this in Spain before. Today’s race was right on the border, and Sanchez was in the leading breakaway group-well, that’s my conspiracy theory-some Spanish supporter saw a chance to ensure Sanchez was guaranteed a good chance for the win.

Further comment: This Tour is extremely boring, a timid and poorly designed route. It’s almost a funeral procession. I haven’t been watching it very attentively.

This tour is just like watching Indurain

Not nearly as bad as watching Indurain. Watching paint dry is preferable to watching Indurain.

On the ‘tacks’ note – for the future – why couldn’t the race authorities ask all the spectators to be aware of what the people around them are doing and if they see anything untoward, to photograph the people doing it. That would put an end to the nonsense quickly enough.

it seems the bigger teams have an incentive to slow things down…
i think the riders and teams are all nervous about pushing their limits

i’ve watched very little of this year’s race, which is very unusual, so I shouldn’t really comment.

But it does seem to have been rather dull :smiley:.
Wiggins-knockers have emerged on other forums, claiming he’s even more of a wheel-sucker than Cuddles.

Hey, I said that here first.

So you did too, didn’t see that.
Would be nice if Sky just let Froome off the leash and made a race of it in what’s left of the hills.

It really would be funny if Wiggins knockers did suddenly emerge mid-tour. They’d have to make him a new skin suit, and he’d be much less aerodynamic. Of course, imagine the sponsorship opportunities! Bra manufactuerers would hav to come up with brand new range of men’s sports bras, for one.

Of course, he’s such a skinny git that he’d be lucky to get more than an A cup.

Pierrick Fédrigo’s nose is obviously the result of exhaustive wind tunnel testing.

Frank’s been busted…always on the rest day it happens. I’m beginning to think lifetime bans are the only way forwards. Not a good tour for Radioshack.

I’m guessing he took a testosterone patch the diuretic.
Penalty should be losing all previous results in said race, plus 3 year ban. Lifetime ban on 2nd offence…

Can’t understand why they do it in this day and age – they know that sooner or later they are going to get tested. You have to be really dumb.

I saw an interview with him he seemed majorly pissed off and very tired.

so I guess he doesn’t really care

He’s 12th in the GC, he’s watching his tour go down the toilet, he must be embarrassed that with so many big guns missing (including brother Andy) he is unable to step up to the mark. I’m thinking he thought, OK lets dope up for the one stage that could turn it all around. A win on today’s stage (two HC climbs incl. Tournalet) carries significant cachet.

[quote=“Nuit”]So you did too, didn’t see that.
Would be nice if Sky just let Froome off the leash and made a race of it in what’s left of the hills.[/quote]

Maybe the Sky Team should be investigated for race fixing :ponder: . After all the best rider is meant to win and they should let the riders push themselves to the limit and then we see who the winner is. Let Froome and the others chase up the mountains in the next few days and see if they can crack Wiggins.

[quote=“asian boy”][quote=“Nuit”]So you did too, didn’t see that.
Would be nice if Sky just let Froome off the leash and made a race of it in what’s left of the hills.[/quote]

Maybe the Sky Team should be investigated for race fixing :ponder: . After all the best rider is meant to win and they should let the riders push themselves to the limit and then we see who the winner is. Let Froome and the others chase up the mountains in the next few days and see if they can crack Wiggins.[/quote]

Ah that’s not how road cycling works; its a team sport and the team supports the designated leader. Froome might be a marginally better climber than Wiggo but as Yates has explained he has 2 riders in first and second; why would he mess with the formula? And more to the point why would you attack the yellow jersey with your own rider?

Of course Froome is welcome to ignore team orders and have a crack himself. It’s been done before. But you need pretty thick skin to do that sort of thing. Cyclists have long memories. Plus it’d make for a pretty uncomfortable team dinner table. :sunglasses:

Lets say Cadel Evans today starts getting some time back and froome can cover him but wiggins can’t. They both pull time on wiggins and within 3 days wiggins isn’t holding the yellow anymore. I’d like to see someone go for it.

I’d rather see an exciting tour than the go as slow as you can to win tour on this year. Let Froom attack wiggins the team can still have a one two finish.

So would I, but unfortunately that is what the TdF has turned into, except for the rare exceptional year. Many, many years ago the local stations carried the TdF – I was so excited, thinking I was going to watch a real thriller. What did I get? Indurain plodding along defending his time trial lead by doing the minimum pedalling possible. I swear he was sitting on a La-Z-Boy instead of a bicycle seat. It’s the rare race these days that deviates from that formula. The only thing exciting nowadays has to do with who – among the non-yellow jersey contenders – wins a particular stage, and how.