Tour de France 2021

Hopefully he can do all of them. It would be great to see him finish the Tour after his long journey to return.

According to Reuters , she turned herself in.

I think she still should be fined, but this was a good move on her part.

1 Like

She is held in custody too - probably for her own protection.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind having the job of driving that 900km to deliver wheels to the guy in yellow.

2 Likes

Cav is on fire!!!

1 Like

I missed the live showing, but saw highlights. The final sprint was insaaaane.

In other news, Nibali talking about his 2m55s gap at 19th overall like it’s 2.55seconds. When you’re just that good…

Yellow and Green jerseys in the break, this is mad stuff.

Good Lord! What a beast of a stage! Mohoric so emotional.

The rise of Slovenian Cycling. Mohoric one day, then Pogacar lets them all know he is the one to beat this year.

Cav is still in Green, and even finished a Mountain stage ahead of Froome, Thomas and Roglic (all in the grupetto of course).

And Roglic has now abandoned, due to the injuries received in the earlier stage crashes. He wont be starting Stage 8 today.

It’s too bad we didn’t get to see a Slovenian slug off this year.

It just seems like it’s Pogacar’s and then the rest of the race at this point. However, we have 2 weeks of riding left with the first rest day. It’s great for Pogacar, but I want to see more racing!

Man, what an amazing race this year! None of the expected big teams are that great.

2 Likes

Great to see Ben O’Connor win. He was in bits at the finish line. Literally couldn’t believe what he’d just done. Hope he can hang on to a podium place.

1 Like

Yeah, how did the wheels fall of the much-hyped Ineos so fast? 4 leaders on day 1, and zero now… LOLZ.

A lot of suspicions being softly whispered around Pogacar. He really does look too effortless.

That’s the trouble with any new high performer these days, press say “must be on something”. Pogacar is one of course, no doubt the whispers exist about Evenepeol as well (though he hasn’t exactly lived up to the initial hype). Who knows what Ineos (and Sky beforehand) were up to.

Yeah, maybe the change of name did something, though they seem to have done OK in other races.

We’ll see in the upcoming days if he tires out.

What do you guys think about MVDP’s early exit from the tour?

If it was a normal year, where the Olympics happened last year, I think he would’ve finished the race. His goal was to wear the yellow and he achieved that goal. There’s also no rule that he cannot abandon without consequences (right?).

This kind of makes you wonder whether athletes, no matter the sport, weight Olympic gold a bit higher than the most prestigious achievement in their sport category.

Like in tennis, if you are Nadal, if the Olympic games happened during the French Open, which one do you choose? Do you go for the record of 14 French Open titles or for Olympic glory?

It’s quite a normal thing. The US open tennis will clash with the olympics also. Cavs main lead out main is riding the Madison in Tokyo. I wonder if he’ll leave early? Of course it’s even trickier with COVID because of possible quarantines.

But sprinters leave the TDF every year, expect a few to not make the cut off today. Double Ventoux day!

1 Like

I think Eddy Merckx just has his panties in a knot and is overreacting because he fears that Cav will steal his record of 34 stage wins in TdF. And he’s just about right…

1 Like