🌸 Tourism | Taiwan Cherry time, Hotels sold out in minute

Some interesting news

Over 2,500 rooms for cherry season at central Taiwan farm booked in 1 minute | Taiwan News | 2022-11-01 19:55:00

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: The New Normal and Cherry Blossoms on Wuling Farm

I read the title as “Taiwan Cherry Time Hotels, sold out in one minute.”
Those randy buggers.

4 Likes

Looks like just some paid PR piece, did I miss something?

Internal tourism (fnarr fnarr) has been massive for the last three years or so. What are you on about?

3 Likes

Good point. I think they’ve done well. I was in KL recently. Half the hotels there are boarded up.

The hotels in cities, particularly Taipei, suffered big time. Elsewhere not

1 Like

Sorry for the poor English!

2 Likes

You mentioned COVID six times in that rant. I didn’t mention it once, because that wasn’t my point.

Domestic tourism is down because hotel prices have been forced up by … what am I allowed to call it if not politics? Circumstance. Those hotels that haven’t closed down - and it’s the little guys that went to the wall, so you wouldn’t have even noticed - have been half-empty all this time. Yes, there was a brief blip of domestic tourism during 2020 (for reasons we don’t need to go into here) but then it all turned to ratshit.

It seems abundantly obvious to me from the article that people are fecking desperate to get out in the fresh air and breathe freely, and that has absolutely nothing to do with COVID, but with … circumstance. You brought that up.

4 Likes

Only to you and you alone.

Ok, New world order bullshit, a euphemism for COVID.

So there’s absolutely no explanation for that massive sell-off?

It’s a mystery! So many things are a mystery these days.

3 Likes

What would anyone need a hotel for if nearly any place in the country can be done in a day trip?

Where are people being forcibly prevented?

Your English was fine. He was just making a joke about how it would read if the location of the comma were changed.

5 Likes

Your English is fine. My attention span and dirty mind are to blame :rofl:

8 Likes

Isn’t the big question whether one can catch Covid from cherry blossom?

Those places are always ridiculously popular during autumn or springtime. The number of early retired folks here with money is staggering and they get a discount too in many cases. Bastards.

2 Likes

We visited Yehliu last month. UNBELIEVABLE. No one in line for taking a picture with the Queen’s Head, no need to crop out people walking behind it.

:slight_smile:

Foreign visitors probably going there again these days.

3 Likes

A farm that has 2500 rooms?

kinda related though. Actually it is related, how much? debatable.

Very dubious. The link between Wuling Farm and the New Normal is a stretch. Is this somehow the new Davos?

2 Likes