🎑 Tourism | Taiwan Tourism Promotion

Not had the same experience. Although there are levels, the ones in the breakfast shops are not the same levels are the posher places. But there are plenty of posher places that do good ones. I never noticed a difference to those in shanghai.

Now if you are talking sheng jian bao in shanghai vs Taiwan you would have a point. They are really different, the sheng Jian bao in Taiwan is basically baozi.

1 Like

Those are even worse, and completely unrecognizable here. Although I have found one place in KH that sells some that are very similar to what you can get in Shanghai.

Hiking and mountains are pretty good in Taiwan.

4 Likes

link me up scotty.

This place seems to be taipeis version, i should give them a try. Although borrowing the botched name from the shanghai brand isn’t a good look (the shanghai brand used to be called yangs fry dumplings instead of yangs fried dumplings) and the 4.1 score probably tells me the quality ain’t up to par.

1 Like

The food is horrible, the natural beauty is good. There are nice beaches in Pingtung

1 Like

Here it is:

They wrap it the Taiwan way but they taste good enough.

1 Like

Not sure if what goes on on Reddit is the result of Taiwan’s tourism promotion efforts, but Taiwan has been promoting cycling, hiking, and dining, etc. a lot to lure in tourists. Before Covid, tourist numbers increased up to 10 million, even without Chinese from the other side of the strait. So you could say those efforts were successful. Taiwan is not likely to become a place for mass tourism any time soon, regardless of what the government is promoting. I actually like that.

3 Likes

Yea that looks decent. They label them as sheng jian ‘soup’ bao and they add the sesame so it shows they at least have some knowledge of the shanghai ones.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know how much is global trends. Taiwan tourism was booming in 2019, will take some time to recover. Don’t think it needs ‘saving’ , I see tourists everywhere in Taipei

Did it ?

Taiwan does well with travelers from other Asian countries. They spend money . These are the important things

By tourists, most people mean whitey, who aren’t likely to come I droves no matter what they do

Yes, Taiwan followed Japan’s lead - a country whose brand is known the world over, with nothing to worry about tourism wise. Taiwan was even later than Japan with opening up and demasking.

Even though they travel in droves to thailand, japan etc.

Like what? Japan, Korea, and some Thais? wow balling mate. 3 countries.

Taiwan was nearly getting over 11 million tourist arrivals per year pre-Covid. I’m sorry they were the wrong skin color for you. Taiwan gets more tourists than Philippines.

Also the Taiwan economy doesn’t really need tourism . This country is rich as fuck

Pre-Covid Taiwan was getting nearly twice the amount of tourists that Brazil gets in a year

Probably not an industry needing Saving anytime soon

When you say “pre-Covid”, does that mean when Chinese tourists were still allowed to come? Or after they stopped coming?

After they stopped coming. 2019

2 Likes

Don’t forget Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore.

2 Likes

To be precise, 11.8 million; Brazil 6.35 million in 2019 [that actually kind of surprised me, considering how famous Rio de Janeiro alone is and large the country is.]

1 Like

https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/sites/4f874b69-en/index.html?itemId=/content/component/4f874b69-en#:~:text=International%20tourist%20arrivals%20reached%206.4,before%20declining%2049.4%25%20in%202020.

It was 6.4 million for Brazil for same year