Tourist on Ketogenic diet in Taiwan

Funny enough my Japanese colleague swears by his routine. Nobody beats the Japanese in dedication. They laugh at your 7 o clock finish and spit in its face.

1 Like

You do know that your heart has a set mileage?

Plunder the fridge and capture the beer?

You left out the word “out”

No i don’t it’s doing great :grin:

That’s what I thought! But the lady asked for advice…

1 Like

Do you drive a car? When is it breaking down? When it’s doing great it suddenly does not!

I don’t believe what you said I happen to know some of the top aging and cardiovascular experts in the whole world.

They told me mobility is key. Stay mobile. Stay active. Keep exercising. Balanced diets.

Mobility Pride!

Keto in Taiwan is basically like keto in any other country.

Eat what you want and be sure to tell everybody within earshot that you’re ‘doing keto’.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s like religion but even less fun.

Thank you for taking the time to write in such detail.
Yes , I am aware of all these problems… it’s the same in Thailand, and even here where I live (Israel) I always have to read the labels - plenty of meat products have sugars in them, or unhealthy oils, or monosodium glutamate… I don’t check for ketones but I check my postprandial blood sugar (one hour after every meal - I only eat twice a day). As long as it’s below 120, I know it should be O.K. I have embarked on keto for life - in an attempt to stave off looming diabetes (which has already killed my mother) - so I know it’s a struggle… I am still pondering whether to travel to Taiwan at all ((I want to go to Kaohsiung in March and further North in April - I don’t like cold weather). I’m not into eating out at all… As long as I can find healthy canned fish, nuts and avocados I think I can survive, but I need to find some premade chicken/pork every now and then, becsuse I am prone to anemia :slightly_frowning_face:
Of course reading labels in Taiwan or Thailand is a major challenge, even with Google Translate…
Could you please explain what’s the thing with Costco and membership?.. I can’t shop there if I don’t have membership??? Sounds crazy to me :open_mouth: You mentioned they had canned boiled salmon (hopefully without any added ingredients?), so I am very interested…

Diabetes is often linked to starches and sugars only, but fats play a big role in the diet.

It will definitely be effortless if you keep it up :slightly_smiling_face:
I have effortlessly and unintentionally become underweight since I started keto…
I can’t skip breakfast (good for you if you can!), but I only eat twice a day. Keto is probably the best thing that happened to me over the past decade… I live by my glucometer - the rest is irrelevant.

1 Like

Exercise is also key to staving off diabetes.

1 Like

Absolutely! However, it is useless without a LCHF diet.
Keeping insulin low is the key.

1 Like

And yet, people need some sugars to function well.

Sigh.

What I mean is that you won’t feel hungry all the time, as it happens with old school restricted calorie intake diets. You will eat and feel satiated.

1 Like

Where are you originally from, if I may ask?

Costco is a warehouse style large quantity, good quality, discount prices US based chain store. Their membership allows you to shop at any of their stores all over the world.

1 Like

The body knows how to turn proteins into sugars when it needs them. This process is called gluconeogenesis.
You don’t need to eat carbs.
At all.

1 Like