Track Days in Longtan

Can I still register?

I am not sure, but I would think you could. You should just go out there today and talk with them. There is a Taiwanese guy who works there named Davic who speaks good English, he should be able to help. Just bring your racing license and money. Good luck!

Ah sorry, its probably too late now. I registered once for the whole year, so I’m not sure if and when the deadlines are for the individual races. Good luck to all those racing tomorrow!

Yeah good luck to everyone. The schedule isn’t posted yet, but I am pretty sure Temple and I are racing around 1:30ish. Come and check it out if you can. The weather is looking great too.

Grats on the win RK, damn what you do to that nsr??? runs like a scalded cat :bravo:

Thanks noob, yeah my NSR’s setup is working really well for me at the moment. I’m not running anything different than many of the other riders in my class. Actually my bike is probably a bit heavier than some of the other NSR’s in my class. Anyway, it was a good race. I felt good the entire race. I took the record for the fastest lap too, with a 58.0. That is a persoanl best for me. Now if I can just get into the 57’s. :sunglasses:

Temple gongrats on 3rd, that is still podium and awesome. Do you know anything about TPESean?

TPESean are you ok? What happened?

Thanks for coming out Noob, hope your knee gets better soon. You need to get back out at the track for more practice. I think you and your friends should race next season. You will do fine in the “N” class. That is what I race in. Myself, Temple, and Gui Tou (2nd place rider) are all moving up to the “A” class next year, so don’t worry. With some more practice, I think you have a lot of potential to do really well.

Here is a nice pic of me from the race, thanks Chad :bravo: http://www.charlesmeacham.com

Congrats to rk on 2 wins in a row :notworthy: I wasnt feeling very good and had a slow race… Disappointing for me, but it was a good wake up call. TPEsean had a big crash at the start of the race. He broke 6 ribs and will be in the hospital for 3 days, but has no other serious injuries. He said he had a mechanical problem during qualifying, which apparently was unresolved during the break.

Nice shot of you RK! Yeah and grats Temple getting anywhere near the podium is an achievement never mind being on it :bravo:

As much as my mates and I insist riding is just a weekend passtime, there is a definite snowball effect going on and our bikes are slowly evolving into track ready machines much to our mechanic’s delight lol.

I for one am very keen on getting ivolved in racing, though still have a good deal of practice to get through first. Leg’s healed up good enough to ride, am hoping to get out there on Sat, though bike’s in the shop for some mods and carb tweeking so might have to wait :wall:

Anyone know how Beast ran we had to scoot b4 his race?

[quote=“n00b38”]
Anyone know how Beast ran we had to scoot b4 his race?[/quote]

The only bad side of turning your bike into a racer, is that is gets more and more unreliable on the street, so then you basically have to make a decision. Should I keep modding it so I might be able to win races and compete, or should I just keep it the way it is so I can still rip up the mountain roads? I chose full race, and to be honest I don’t have any regrets. Riding mountains roads always scared the shit out of me anyway. There is no way I can ride my NSR on the street now, even though it is a legal NSR and still registered in my name. It’s way too loud, no lights, doesn’t even make power until 8K RPM’s. It would be a nightmare on the streets of Taiwan.

Beast ran great because he is an awesome rider, but his bike isn’t anywhere near any of his competitors. There are about 26 riders in his class, and the top 12 are running the same times Temple and I are running with our NSR’s. So Kyle didn’t do very well. He is still only running about a 250cc, the top riders are running 300cc or over, and not to mention slicks, and their bikes are super light. Beast (when he has money to waste) needs to let go of the daily driver look and turn it full race, chop the rear, get rid of his gauge cluster, light, battery, starter, etc.
If you are going to get out there Saturday, send me a text. I might go as well. Our next race is only 3 weeks away. Temple might be down for going too.

Contrats to RK and Temple again. I am sure it was a good race.

Well, just got out of hospital, 6 broken ribs, had some bleeding in my left lung and a slight concussion.

Qualifying went OK. I hadn’t been out there for 3 months since the last race when I got my Personal Best, 64.2. Still slow compared to RK and Temple, but doing OK for my bike that I use to take my boy to school on everyday.

For Sunday’s qualifying, I qualified in a time slower than my race time last time, but quicker than the previous qualifying time, but since I hadn’t been there for 3 months, I was taking it a bit easy and I still had 3 bikes behind me. Had a great race in Qualifying with one of the Yellow Bikes, About halfway through, I noticed that I was pulling up to him and was right on his tail, I just didn’t want to push so hard to get past, I didn’t want to bring him or me down, out of practice so I was happy to stay behind, but I did qualify in a quicker time. He must be fairly new like me as he was still very happy with his time just as I was. But when we got the checkered flag to signal the end of qualifying, I backed off as I crossed the line and my engine cut out and I rolled around turn one then cut across the grass to the pits.

Took the bike back to my team and they tried to start it and it started first kick. They said there was a problem with the carbi and adjusted it.

So, went out for the race, it felt fine in the warm up laps. Then when we started the race, I am always cautious the first couple of laps. The bike seemed to be going OK, I wasn’t last and I was keeping up with the few bikes in front of me, so I thought it was going OK. So I had completed 2 or 3 laps, and as I came onto the main straight, I said to myself, OK, now is the time to push and beat my PB, I just wanted to drop into the 63’s this time. Only had .239secs to drop from last race.

Down the main straight, on a good run on, I can just touch 120kph, but always above 110 so I got to my back off point for Turn One and then somewhere between that point and the point where I would power back on, my engine cut out again. This time, leaning going around the turn. It happened so quickly. I remember thinking, Oh, Shit!!! Not again, then the rear wheel locked up and it started sliding out to the left. I started going down and I thought, OK, Low Side, just slide, but then the bike dug in and High Side and over I went flying. I remember bouncing at least 3 times and one of those times my helmet hit the ground hard and I thought to myself, oh, boy, that wasn’t good. From then I don’t remember getting into the ambulance, just waking up in hospital in a great deal of pain. But the funny thing is, the guy who came to hospital with me from WRRP, George, he can speak English, he said I was conscious and I even knew to tell my young fellow to go get my Health Insurance Card and wallet from my backpack, but can’t remember that. So not sure how I broke the ribs, if it was from landing on the track, the bike landing on me or if I hit the tires… I broke from rib 4 to rib 9 on the left side with ribs 6 and 7 completely broken and out of align. I had some bleeding in the lungs so that is the main reason I needed to stay in hospital so long, in case it got worse and they had to operate. But they took another X-ray on Monday morning and the blood clot had gone. But they kept me till today for more observations.

So, the doctors said, no riding for a month, so I will miss next race and I still haven’t seen my bike yet… The shop now say it was an electrical problem, “mei-yo dian” they said. Time for some more upgrades I guess…

Damn doctor said I could have all next week off, but today changed his mind and said back to work on Monday, but no taking the bus or riding the bike…

[quote=“rk1951”]
So Kyle didn’t do very well. He is still only running about a 250cc, the top riders are running 300cc or over, and not to mention slicks [/quote]

Cheers. Those are some tough odds, though sure just being out there is enough of a blast :smiley:

Got the bike back and real keen to get it on the track, its a different machine with the 36mm carb eventually setup right and the rc jammed open :astonished:

Weather pending there’ll be a few of us out there, be great to get some tips and learn the correct lines if you guys can make it. The chaps form xin-cheng are looking to test some bikes they’ve built up too. I’ll send you a text anyhow when its in stone.

As for Saturday, it isn’t looking like I am going to make it. There might be a chance. Do you ever ride Sunday?

Yeah it will take a while to get used to that carb, you will need the practice.

[quote=“rk1951”]As for Saturday, it isn’t looking like I am going to make it. There might be a chance. Do you ever ride Sunday?

Yeah it will take a while to get used to that carb, you will need the practice.[/quote]

Up for riding anyday on the weekend, though mostly do Saturdays, usually run the mountains to Elan on Sundays cause of the events at the track, certainly prefer the track though. Next time you’re out on a Sunday let me know I’ll be up for coming down.

I had a blast…as always. I am not competitve enough yet as it, but just getting on the staging line is more than enough fun for me.

I would definitely like to start practicing more regularly as well. RK and I have had a few incidents with repairs and such so we’ve been sidelined for a while. But now that our machines are up and running at 100% we should take advantage of the practice time we have left.

Im always down to go out anyday pretty much except Thursday.

Aced by the rain this weekend, but we’ll see…maybe mid week next time.

I’m looking at Friday of next week to get out there again. Shit our race is coming up fast.

We made it out there today, the track was quite wet at around 9am, though the sun made an attempt at coming out and there was a good wind blowing, water dried up pretty quickly. The wind stayed though and made it interesting. Pretty much had the place to ourselves for most of the day :smiley:

Bike ran pretty well for about 8 sessions, then on the way back to TPE it just up and died not even a km from the track :fume: Strangest thing sounded like it ran out of fuel.

To make a long story short; a very nice chap took a look at it, fuel and spark were being delivered though it refused to start. There was not much compression, and when he pulled the head and phoned his mate to ask what to look for I called it a day and decided to rather have it collected.

Anyone have any ideas on what could have gone? I’ve bust a few engines, and this neither behaved nor sounded anything like mechanical failure.

Your piston and or cylinder could have been scratched and that would cause the low compression. It might be so low that the bike couldn’t stay running. If that is the case it is an easy fix and not even that expensive. I know you are running a larger carb now and doubt there is no air box. If this is the case, riding to and from the track is really dangerous. Anything little piece of metal can easily get sucked into your carb and smash around in your cylinder. Happened to me year ago. If you are getting spark and you don’t think it is an electric problem, then this is your next step.

I got a modified nsr airbox on the carb for everyday use and actually didn’t bother removing it for the track today. Though I have run it to and from TPE without the box on, I’ll be sure not to in future, tks for the heads-up

Not sure what the prob was, my mechanic msg’d me that he has the bike back in TPE and says it’s sorted so I’m guessing it wasn’t the cylinder and rather something small that the other fella overlooked. :discodance:

Well it is up to you, if you are just riding to the track then you are probably fine. I know Beast doesn’t have an air box anymore and he rides to the track. If you are doing some mountain riding, I would put on your airbox.

Well I am interested to see what the problem was, but glad it is fixed. NSR’s and their problems!!

Yeah…GO 4 Stoke…No problems…EVER

Gas and Go, enough said :laughing: