Track Days in Longtan

[quote=“Beast619”]Yeah…GO 4 Stoke…No problems…EVER

Gas and Go, enough said :laughing:[/quote]

^ Lol you’d be dead right about that m8- Though 2 strokes are about the most fun you can have with your clothes on :smiley:

Well it turned out to be too good to be true :doh: The mechanic got the bike going as he said, then when they tested it today they found it wasn’t running right right. The jury is still out on the exact nature of the problem. So its in a hundred pieces again lol.

Sorry your bike is in pieces, hahah that happens with NSR’s. Mine has been like that many times.

Ya all you guys, Temple, pretty much everyone from my team including Beast have photographs in the new Dec issue of “2 Wheels” magazine towards the end, around page 195-200. Hhahaha, I got aced, and I was the guy who got first place. There is a picture of my NSR class on grid, just about ready to race. They happened to cut off the pole position rider, which was me. Hhaah, Taiwan is so backwards sometimes. You think the editors would have cut off the last place rider, rather then the pole position rider. Nope :roflmao:

yea totally hosed…but a good laugh.

I got my first pic in a race magazine… :discodance:

[quote=“Beast619”]

I got my first pic in a race magazine… :discodance:[/quote]

And you also got your first last in a race, hahhaha. I’m just having a laugh. You’re a brilliant rider and I’m still mad about not getting a pic. :smiley:

[quote=“rk1951”]Sorry your bike is in pieces, hahah that happens with NSR’s. Mine has been like that many times.

Ya all you guys, Temple, pretty much everyone from my team including Beast have photographs in the new Dec issue of “2 Wheels” magazine towards the end, around page 195-200. Hhahaha, I got aced, and I was the guy who got first place. There is a picture of my NSR class on grid, just about ready to race. They happened to cut off the pole position rider, which was me. Hhaah, Taiwan is so backwards sometimes. You think the editors would have cut off the last place rider, rather then the pole position rider. Nope :roflmao:[/quote]

Just got my hands on a copy, that blows chunks dude! They took the effort to get pics of everyone in the time trials, and somehow missed the winner of a real race? :loco:

Actually that’s my “fouth” Last…

You guys have so much fun.
I had the NSR running 3week’s ago and the next day I had to go to Vietnam and I’m still here.
Hope I can go home saturday.

meh… Its definately not my month for bikes.

Jury’s in mine is getting a rebore, apparently 8-9 sessions in a row was a little much for the engine, though I wasn’t riding that hard most of the time :liar:

Still confussed about the exact nature of the problem. There were a few areas on the piston that looked polished other than that no other indication of failure, guess an engine can go out with a wimper rather than a crash.

The fellas gave me a 4 stroke loaner to use while mine’s in the shop, 3rd day in the gearbox went to hell wtf?

Looks like i’m gonna have to look at a bicycle or scooter for everyday use…noooooooo

update:

Bike’s up, running and sounding sweet, if the weather lets up I’ll be at the track tomorrow running it in :smiley:

took my bike back to the shop for a while to take a look at some mechanical issues. Its rare when 2 strokes are all up and running at the same time… :ponder: Anyways the weather might shape up at some point soon.
I took a look at the video of TPEsean’s crash… Its clearly a mechanical issue which caused the crash. :ohreally: Just understates the importance of finding a good mechanic, sometimes its just back luck in this game. Hope none of us has to go through something as serious. It’s a dangerous game we play :whistle:

Planning on being at the track tomorrow around noon in case any one is interested in meeting up

I’ll be going out for the day to put some clicks on the new engine, my m8s are pretty keen too so we’ll prob see you out there.

I’ll be going out for the day to put some clicks on the new engine, my m8s are pretty keen too so we’ll prob see you out there.[/quote]

I was out there today, and it was a perfect day for riding, except that my NSR wasn’t feeling the same way. I had some mechanical problems with it, and was only able to get 3 laps in. Shitty. I did ride my other teammate’s motorcycles as well. I rode finally got to ride a pretty stock CBR 150cc on the track. It just has suspension upgrades. Wow!, I was really impressed. It was basically like my stock NSR years ago, just with less power. But the handling and riding positioning of it was extremely comfortable. I would love to buy one of those in the future, even though Taiwan isn’t importing them anymore. What a great bike.

I won’t be at the track tomorrow, but next weekend it the final race. Hope to see ya guys out there.

Just a heads-up, rk: As far as I can tell, Honda quit making the 150 after 2007, when they put fuel injection on the 125 and rationalized it for the world. Since the CBR125 now meets Euro 3 emissions, that’s the one they’re selling in Canada, Europe, and elsewhere. The 150 doesn’t meet the UK and some other countries’ learner license limit of 125cc, so I wouldn’t expect to see a new 150 any time soon.

Glad to hear you had fun on it :sunglasses:

Just got back from checking out my bike. Will have it back for next weekend. Though I won’t be racing as the ribs are still too sore, I will ride out to watch.

The bike doesn’t seem to bad, gotta replace the front shocks, tripple tree, handlebars, front brake and clutch leavers. Now I have matching dents on both sides of my gas tank. Gotta also replace the front fairing as the windshield was smashed. I asked them to try fit the older NSR front fairing as the one for my model has those stupid lights down the bottom that scrape even when you slightly lean into a corner. They were working on it as I left the shop.

As for the engine problem, the reason why my engine cut out, they say the spark plug lead was the problem. But still, the rear wheel locking up? that is a worry. Oh well, miss next race, then back to Australia for a month and then back ready for next season. An engine rebuild may be in order. I managed to drop my lap times by almost 5 secs this year. Still need more power, especially when coming out of turns. If I can drop another 2 secs with the rebuild and a bit more practice, I would be happy with that and it should make the racing more fun…

I checked out that “2 Wheel” magazine. I see I also got my picture in there… by the ambulance that took me to hospital, and the main picture of the story is the restart of our race as I am missing from the grid.

Here is a link to a video of my crash. It is only a short glimpse…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF6agE16OrQ

[quote=“TaipeiSean”]
As for the engine problem, the reason why my engine cut out, they say the spark plug lead was the problem. But still, the rear wheel locking up? that is a worry. [/quote]

^Had similar exp, ghost in the machine lol ?

Made it out to the track on Sat and and had a few good runs. Bike seemed to be going well.
Was going through turn 1 just after the first apex, I lost it somehow, still not certain what the cause was as I was off the side of the bike and had settled into drifting out for the exit turn, was lightly on the gas not shifting or moving around on the bike.

All I recall was a sudden drop in engine noise then the back end came loose and I hit the ground quickly. Guess I was doing just over a 100km and was pretty close to the ground when it happened so not suprized I couldn’t react.

All said and done I got away lightly with a few bumps and scrapes and a nasty sprained foot. (motorcross boots for me in future)

A big thank you to Temple who was kind enough to load up my bike and I and ferry us back to TPE. Cheers M8 :notworthy:

Well the bike’s getting looked at for mechanical failure, I’ve been going over events and simply can’t settle on an error that I made, though certainly not excuding it as a possibility.

Sorry to hear about your crash Noob, it happens. I hope you have been feeling better. I finally got my NSR running well again. It was weird last time I practiced, I had a crank seal come come out. Well it is fixed now, and I had a great 2 sessions on the track today. So I will take a rest Saturday, and then the big race on Sunday. I think our race is at 1:30ish, so I hope to see some of you guys out there.

Mine and Temple’s race is at 12:30 tomorrow afternoon. Beast is riding at 3:00. Come on out. The weather is looking good, but maybe a bit chilly.

Going to pick my bike up in an hour or so, Hope it is ready. If so, will be riding out tomorrow to watch. The ribs are still pretty sore, but getting a lot better, better than what I thought, which is good. Hope the ride doesn’t hurt too much.

Good luck to you guys, wish I was in there racing too…

Had a wicked race, with a wicked crash. First ever crash at Long Tan after almost 2 years of riding there. Nothing major, levers were broke and a foot pegs broke off.

Luckily i set a new personal best lap time of 60.09 seconds.

I guess its time to turn that bike into an all out race bike.

[quote=“Beast619”]Had a wicked race, with a wicked crash. First ever crash at Longtan after almost 2 years of riding there. Nothing major, levers were broke and a foot pegs broke off.

Luckily i set a new personal best lap time of 60.09 seconds.

I guess its time to turn that bike into an all out race bike.[/quote]

I’m pretty impressed with your times and your race, even though you crashed. You have gained 2 seconds from the last race, fucking awesome bro. Yeah make your bike full race that is the way to go.

I had a very interesting race as well. I was one point behind last year’s champion going into this race. If I had of beaten him, I would have been this year’s champion. I had a great qualifying and got pole position. The race was a different story, I had a great start. I was a head of “Guai Tou” the entire race, but he was right on my ass. Apparently he had a near high-side the 2nd to last lap. I was pushing the hardest I ever had, and low-sided the 2nd to last lap (if I only would have known he had a near high-side, I could have cooled down a bit.) Hhaha pretty exciting though. So, I didn’t win the championship (got 2nd though, but who cares about that.) Anyway, I did break my personal best with a 57.6 lap time. Wow, that was fast. I am fine, and the bike isn’t too messed up. I will be moving up to the “A” class next year with Temple. That is going to be tough; all the riders are really experienced and fast. It should be competitive. Cheers to my team and teammates for a great year. Can’t wait to do it all over again next season. Now for some R&R.