True that Taiwanese girls prefer ABC guys?

A relation based on lies usually dont work.

Isn’t that a plot-line from “Friends”?

And … seriously … that works? :astonished:[/quote]

It works very well. Show them pictures of hot guys you have slept with before, talk about stupid shit like shopping, and the drinks from their table keep coming. It also helps that I am extremely attractive, though. I never go through all the way though because I actually am gay, but it’s the thrill of the hunt, I guess. I’ve only gone through with it a few times, just for curiosity’s sake. As a matter of fact, an ABC girl made out with me 2 weeks ago at Funky using this same premise. It’s awkward though when she’s into it and you aren’t. She kept asking me “do you feel anything” and all I could do was just laugh.

TRUTH: All girls want a gay best friend.

RELATIONSHIP! Like I would ever actually date someone I met in a club.

And disarmingly modest, no doubt :wink:

Amazing … and funny. Although, come to think of it, there is a certain type of guy who has a thing about “curing” lesbians. I guess those girls are the female equivalent. Anyway, I call “not fair”: you can’t expect a straight guy to keep up as good a performance as that.

This is the point where we’d pretty much consider it not worth the effort. There’s probably a “doesn’t matter, had sex” picture about that somewhere.

That’s true. I don’t seem to end up with anyone else. Well, when you like them and they like you… shrug

It’s another typical question, and the answer is “yes”. It’s all about the image for the local girls and easy, cheap sex for the foreigners. There, question answered.

It works very well. Show them pictures of hot guys you have slept with before, talk about stupid shit like shopping, and the drinks from their table keep coming. It also helps that I am extremely attractive, though. I never go through all the way though because I actually am gay, but it’s the thrill of the hunt, I guess. I’ve only gone through with it a few times, just for curiosity’s sake. As a matter of fact, an ABC girl made out with me 2 weeks ago at Funky using this same premise. It’s awkward though when she’s into it and you aren’t. She kept asking me “do you feel anything” and all I could do was just laugh.

RELATIONSHIP! Like I would ever actually date someone I met in a club.[/quote]

I guess gays like girls too (as a fellow “girl”) so they are a good match.

But for us straight guys, i cant see me wanting to get other guys hotted up for me when Im not gay .

So i guess “making out” with girls when you are gay is kinda different.

I wouldnt want to “make out” with any guys no matter how attractive they are. YEEECH !

But for us straight guys, i cant see me wanting to get other guys hotted up for me when Im not gay .

I wouldnt want to “make out” with any guys no matter how attractive they are. YEEECH ![/quote]

I’m gay and I don’t consider myself a “girl” at all. Most of my friends are straight guys. In fact, I’m far more ‘masculine’ than many other people. It’s insulting you insinuate that all gay people are flaming queens in some attempt to make yourself feel more manly.

Based upon your narcissistic need to attract attention to yourself Tommy I would think you would love to go a gay bar as an “unattainable straight guy” and get free drinks, but those people must make you so uncomfortable.

Can you recommend any good churches for me to cure my gay disease?

Im not like that at all mike. I just feel that , for me, i wouldnt make out with guys because im not gay. And i find that you making out with girls kinda different since you said you are gay.

It wasnt an insult. Just an observation.

I used to be homophobic when i was in taiwan. And that is because the gays in taiwan (especially around shimenting) are known to be rather aggressively seeking other males. And I often got approached by them there. No harm done, they just didnt know if i was gay or not and i should appreciate the interest shown me really.

Then my then GF had a gay friend who she liked and I came to know him and to like him as well as a person. Then we went on double dates with me and my gal and him and his BF. It was all cool.

I then came to live long term in the USA and came to know many gay people through my work and came to the understanding that gay people are just like straight people. There’s no difference. Just in their sexual orientation. And i have zero problems with that. I work with a gay man and a lesbian girl. None of us at work have any issues with them being gay/lesbian. We even crack gay/lesbian jokes with them. Theres really no them versus us at work , its just us , all of us.

Theres no “curing” involved. :slight_smile:

I liked going out with my then mandarin chat partner (she got busy when she had a child and we dont hang out anymore now ) . She is white and is lesbian. We used to stare at sexy girls coming into the cafe together. Was fun.

I think gays and lesbians in Taiwan have gained alot of ground in the last two decades and thats moving in a positive direction.

And yes i do know that not all gay guys are girls or look feminine… duh… i used to work half a mile from the Castro !

But that said one “girl” like gay person. A young man would often take the same streetcar i used to take (N judah) and he would be a hit with the young ladies on the streetcar and they would make instant friends.

p.s. actually i dont like attention in real life and prefer to be invisible. And i was very pleased the other day while driving a very hot sports car (jsut for 15 mins, the car doesnt belong to me) that i was completely invisible and not a soul even glanced in my direction. VERY pleased my actual persona just glides by people like a phantom, unseen even when driving such a in-your-face car. Whereas my friend tells me how much attention he gets when he drives it. Its in the aura i guess.

Iv got an invisibility cape .

Two boys who liked me in high school came out after high school. I didn’t reciprocate their romantic advances (at different times, not a 914 sammich). I was good friends with them all. They were both very popular, good looking, hockey-loving, humorous, outgoing guys.

What does that mean?

[quote=“914”]Two boys who liked me in high school came out after high school. I didn’t reciprocate their romantic advances (at different times, not a 914 sammich). I was good friends with them all. They were both very popular, good looking, hockey-loving, humorous, outgoing guys.

What does that mean?[/quote]

You might have been the odd one out in the sammich? :laughing:

I wouldnt want to “make out” with any guys no matter how attractive they are. YEEECH ![/quote]

I’m gay and I don’t consider myself a “girl” at all. Most of my friends are straight guys. In fact, I’m far more ‘masculine’ than many other people. It’s insulting you insinuate that all gay people are flaming queens in some attempt to make yourself feel more manly.

Based upon your narcissistic need to attract attention to yourself Tommy I would think you would love to go a gay bar as an “unattainable straight guy” and get free drinks, but those people must make you so uncomfortable.

Can you recommend any good churches for me to cure my gay disease?[/quote]

West Virgina

At the office yesterday,
During a quick discussion about just how stupid Wang-Jen-Ming (Washington Nationals / MLB Pitcher) was. One of my co-worker (a 32 year old Taiwanese woman) actually said that she would not divorce him, just like his real wife.
I was thrown off by the sudden curve ball, cause she has been trying to push on the idea on how romantic she is; though to me she seemed to be single for the last 3-5 years. She exclaimed in a squeal , “Why? You know he make Blah$ Blah$ amount of money each year!”

Maybe you should change the title to, True that “some” Taiwanese girls prefer RICH guys.
ABC or not, all the locals will consider you to be one if you go to Australia for a year.

You obviously haven’t spent much time in Hong Kong.

Well… I do not know how to say this ! My answer is Race ! It happened to me. I like white girls with blond hair, yet white girls just do not like Asians !

by and large that is true (from personal experience)
in the USA I find that white girls seem to prefer men in this order (all things being equal)

1. white
  2. black
  3. mexican
  4. indian
  5. asian

yup asian guys come out last with the honky chicks

But Asian girls? They got the market cornered. EVERYONE likes Asian chicks.

Our Asian sistas got it going. With a rep for a FINE slinky bod, Super sexy bedroom antics, known to be foxy and intelligent and attractive femme fatales .

Whereas we got the rep like we all was william hong , and with short dicks on top of all that.

We stink , we are short, we are dumpy and nerdy , we dont know how to party, we dont know our way around without our mommies and dont forget the short dicks?

Yeah Male Asian PR is about as low as it possibly can go in white girl land. :noway: :smiley:

There are a few asian dudes who got it on man. The rest of us are losers who better hightail it back to ASIA :roflmao:

Not really. I mean, at least for me. Mostly, the ABC’s aren’t as attractive (no offense but I shouldn’t be talking because I haven’t seen every ABC guy here) in my opinion as the Native Taiwanese guys. I don’t know…I’d rather date a TBC. (Taiwanese Born Chinese)

Absurd.

Yes, weren’t they. So were the entire 80s, come to think of it.

[quote=“Taigottawanna”]Some may think you’re (I’m assuming you’re asking about prospects here) “cool” in the way that many here think its “cool” to pepper their conversation with English. It can get you an “in” with some once they know where you’re from.

Since I’m not a Taiwanese girl, I can’t tell you how they can distinguish you from the local guys.[/quote]

It is pretty easy to distinguish a ABC from a local guy. Simply listen to his American accent.

Yes, weren’t they. So were the entire 80s, come to think of it.[/quote]

Yea, you want to know what is even more absurd? No? Ok, will tell you anyway. I’ve just spent the last two hours listening to ABC, All of my Heart: The Collection…