Trump stealing the 2020 Election

I think it’s hard to stop massive potential fraud b4 it happens. Pointing out that it could happen is easy.

Anyway, apologies for a foray into IP…I just enjoyed the unbiased thread title. :wink:

2 Likes

And how would that have looked to the dems? Trump trying to rewrite election procedures in the months leading into THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION OF EVER OUR TIME???

I’m actually more surprised in all of this by folks who didn’t think it would end up in court regardless who the AP said won. Go figure.

2 Likes

Is that why he is summoning the MI legislators to DC?

I wasn’t invited, so I don’t know.

Trump eroding confidence both domestically and internationally. An interesting and very circumspect interview.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what judges do. I said this about the judges Trump appointed being competent when everyone freaked out about ACB.

1 Like

I approve the content of this advertising!

“His Fraudulency” Has a nice ring to it.

In many ways it is even more of an attempted power grab than the one in 1876. At the time, Hayes was governor of Ohio, not president of the United States. Ulysses S. Grant was, and when Hayes won — also by wrenching the vote around in three states — he became known as “His Fraudulency.”

“But this is far worse,” said Michael Beschloss, the presidential historian and author of “Presidents of War.” “In the case of Hayes, both sides agreed that the outcome in at least three states was in dispute. In this case, no serious person thinks enough votes are in dispute that Donald Trump could have been elected on Election Day.”

“This is a manufactured crisis. It is a president abusing his huge powers in order to stay in office after the voters clearly rejected him for re-election.”

He added: “This is what many of the founders dreaded.”

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: From trump

Interesting theory (Trump stealing the election), one that might become relevant on December 14, 2020, when the Electoral College will release the only vote that matters re: the Exec.

I note also that Trump, unlike Biden, has not encouraged electors to cast bad-faith votes.

Now is the time to cast aside your derangement, Dems. Patience.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: From trump

Trump 2024?

House majority in 2022, for sure (if not this year, after the electoral dust settles). The GOP has actually grown its ability to control Conresssional redistricting through 2030, an election result that is not in dispute.

I think it’s more likely to be Nikki Haley in 2024, although a lot will depend on how Biden handles (and the Dems react to) Biden’s likely impeachment in 2023.

1 Like

If the new trend is going to be that every president has to go through impeachment, the US is done for.

The Democrats made a big mistake with their Trump impeachment crap. The Republicans would be idiots for going down the same path.

1 Like

I don’t see that the GOP has any other choice, frankly. I think going forward that if the 1st term POTUS’s party loses its House majority in the first election following, then POTUS can expect to be impeached. For right or wrong; it is what it is.

It will simply be yet another check on Exec power, a kind of mini-election.

1 Like

Or they could do their jobs and promote legislation that benefits their constituents and oppose legislation that isn’t in their constituents’ interests.

On what basis? To legitimately impeach, you need an impeachable offense.

Yeah, no. This would be an abuse of Congressional power and would eventually backfire in a big way.

2 Likes

The same basis the Dems used: because they could.

Unfortunately the voters did not punish the Dems at the polls this month. I think that means it’s here to stay. :idunno:

What about Pompeo/Gates/Zuckerberg in 2024?

President Zuckerberg would be a technocratic nightmare. Even our US currency would be fitted with face-scanning and tracking technology, so even what we buy with cash could be data-mined and exploited for commercial purposes. It’d be a Snowden-esque nightmare to the nth degree.

1 Like