Trump stealing the 2020 Election

The best thing that could happen to the Republicans is that people will turn on Trump, but I don’t think they’ll be that lucky.

In his defense the president is the commander in chief.
Trump needs to be prosecuted for this and those rioters sentences should be reduced accordingly if Trump was found guilty.

Read the room.

4 Likes

I think it is great all the corporate donors could leave the Republicans. It will make them have to work harder and take most of the working class vote. The Republicrats will jump ship and they would become grass roots. A real party as opposed to the corporates we see now.

3 Likes

Sometime Monday, some of the remaining dead-enders convinced that President Trump will remain in office for at least the next four years got a sign. A Telegram account falsely purporting to be run by Gen. John Hyten, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was telling them that the moment they’d been waiting for, the moment Trump would finally act and use the military to crush his enemies, was coming.

“Nothing can stop this,” the account said in a message that had been seen by at least 185,000 people as of Tuesday morning. “They can no longer hide in the shadows,” it added half an hour later. Then, 20 minutes later: “Last hours.” It continued on like this. Around 10 a.m. ET it posted an ominous picture of soldiers in uniform behind a fence in Washington DC with the caption “Stay in your homes.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/19/tech/martial-law-trump-conspiracy-theory/index.html

He racked up more than 3.5 million views with a video in which he claimed that Trump had signed the Insurrection Act, a prominent feature of many martial law conspiracy theories.

:slightly_smiling_face: Trump wouldn’t last a day if he invoked (not signed, it’s already signed a long time ago), the executive branch would invoke the 25th, Congress would change the law (not in the constitution) to revoke Trumps ability to invoke the Act and it would be straight to the courts to block him.

i.e. All three branches of Government would move simultaneously reverse that decision.

1 Like

Throw trump in the dungeon and then let congress grant pardon to itself and the officers involved.

I guess in the end, the crazies did not prevail. Thank God. But it does make you wonder how close we got to some really bad stuff going down in the US. Can anybody say “Myanmar”?

Flynn went berserk. The former three-star general, whom Trump had fired as his first national security adviser after he was caught lying to the FBI (and later pardoned), stood up and turned from the Resolute Desk to face Herschmann.

"You’re quitting! You’re a quitter! You’re not fighting!” he exploded at the senior adviser. Flynn then turned to the president, and implored: “Sir, we need fighters.”

Herschmann ignored Flynn at first and continued to probe Powell’s pitch with questions about the underlying evidence. “All you do is promise, but never deliver,” he said to her sharply.

Flynn was ranting, seemingly infuriated about anyone challenging Powell, who had represented him in his recent legal battles.

Finally Herschmann had enough. “Why the fuck do you keep standing up and screaming at me?” he shot back at Flynn. “If you want to come over here, come over here. If not, sit your ass down.” Flynn sat back down.

https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office-meeting-sidney-powell-a8e1e466-2e42-42d0-9cf1-26eb267f8723.html

3 Likes

That would be a bullet to the head in China.

“When Rudy’s the voice of reason, you know the meeting’s not going well.”

I see it’s part of a series, looks good.

1 Like

Sweet Baby Jeebus, Trumpers. It’s over. He’s gone. Let’s move on and let his memory and this thread die mercifully.

What are you going on about? If you think people are just going to stop talking about this, I don’t know what to tell you.

2 Likes

I think he/she thinks that the "Trump stealing the 2020 Election " thread is an open discussion where a group of trumpers openly discuss on how to steal an election.

Don’t believe me? but that’s how far it has come!

Everyone I know in the real world has moved on. I realize it’s not realistic to expect the same of “netizens.”

It’s not realistic to expect people not to discuss current or historical events, particularly in a forum dedicated to the topic.

2 Likes

I was watching this schizo-tier vice doco the other week. They were convinced Trump was gonna drop the nukes on his last day

So you mean when someone tries to overturn a legitimate election and fails, we should all move on because he/she failed.
What should we do if it hadn’t failed may I ask.
And what should we do in order to prevent this attempt from ever happen again?
I think the person responsible should suffer some serious consequences as a deterrent.

2 Likes

I think we need to remind ourselves of how batshit crazy the guy is and how precarious the situation was for America (again, think Myanmar). If you think Trump isn’t scheming behind the scenes for some kind of comeback, you haven’t been paying attention.

1 Like

Background info from the article:

The armed forces had backed the opposition, who were demanding a re-run of the vote, claiming widespread fraud.

The election commission said there was no evidence to support these claims.

The coup was staged as a new session of parliament was set to open.

2 Likes

It’s gut churning how close Trump came to declaring martial law. No one will admit to supporting this treasonous bastard in 20 years, just like no one will admit to having supported the Iraq war now.

3 Likes