Trump - when will the obsession stop?

After January 20th will there be less discussion about Donald J Trump. It seems every time the News is on it is Trump, any issue in the world somehow turns to Trump, even sports it is Trump. I do not think I have ever seen such an obsession with anyone even after all my years on.earth. How many years is it going to take before all of us haters and fans alike stop.talking about TRUMP.
(Yes I am fully aware of the irony of this post lol)

4 Likes

Just wait till he starts his own news network. :wink:

7 Likes

Then he can be more Trump than Berlusconi. He should also buy a sports team while he’s at it.

2 Likes

11 Likes

How about let’s stop it right now? close the thread everyone! nothing to see here!

1 Like

I think the nature of the conversations will change on Jan 20, 2021, once Trump leaves office.

I think he will haunt the office for all time, however. Trump’s name will be brought up in conversations about the US president in the year 2520, no doubt.

2 Likes

Trump has turned the GOP into a racist death cult and even if he leaves on 20 Jan he still will control them. He will just incite and foment more unrest and division. Maybe abroad people won’t hear about this fat idiotic loser as much but I fully expect him to continue destroying US civil society and run for election again in 2024

1 Like

Imagine being this person…

11 Likes

I don’t think people talked about Trump any more than people discussed Obama or George W Bush

The right will always be scared the republic is collapsing, and the left will always be deranged and run around screaming like 5 year olds

Hopefully there are cooler heads at the top manipulating everybody :stuck_out_tongue:

I now. It would be awful to be Trump, or one of the supporters of his racist death cult.

5 Likes

It’s funny when you realize the people actually obsessed with him are the ones constantly defending him, and will be the ones following him and all his grift efforts.

Like I was mostly an Obama fan but didn’t spend free blood sweat and tears defending him or eating up his books. And he was a winner. :joy:

2 Likes

shutupshutupshutup. Don’t give him ideas!

1 Like

Oops, too late. :grin:

1 Like

Do you actually speak this way in public? I mean, you sound unhinged.

6 Likes

Because he called it a death cult? The party platform is one man and his followers think covid is a hoax and won’t admit even on their death bed. Sounds pretty accurate to me. Maybe don’t tie up all of your fate in the egotistical whims of one man. If anyone needs to move on from Trump, it’s the GOP. Please god let it go…

2 Likes

Yes, its not a death cult because they definitely didn’t kill 230k plus Americans.

He’s just describing Trump and Trumpism. Which is pretty unhinged, yes.

1 Like

Perhaps it will end when state leaders are voted out of office? Trump isn’t an angel and he walked into a hate storm from both sides but…

Governor (United States)

In the United States, a governor serves as the chief executive officer and commander-in-chief in each of the fifty states and in the five permanently inhabited territories, functioning as both head of state and head of government therein.[nb 1] As such, governors are responsible for implementing state laws and overseeing the operation of the state executive branch. As state leaders, governors advance and pursue new and revised policies and programs using a variety of tools, among them executive orders, executive budgets, and legislative proposals and vetoes. Governors carry out their management and leadership responsibilities and objectives with the support and assistance of department and agency heads, many of whom they are empowered to appoint. A majority of governors have the authority to appoint state court judges as well, in most cases from a list of names submitted by a nominations committee.[1]

Maybe one day TDS will fade and misguided intellectuals will look at what he did or didn’t do for what it was.

1 Like

Denied covid to avoid blame at the cost of thousands of lives.
Wants to deny democracy.
Has consistently employed racist dog whistles, and actions, including specific targeting of voters.

I do love this attempt to twist what has been predicted of him by smart people for a long time, actually coming true. Being smart isn’t bad, it’s funny when that line is played.

I do wonder when the obsession of his fans will stop though. To me it is so weird to defend a politician instinctively, and relentlessly.

1 Like

I think Trump’s legacy will indeed benefit mightily for being in our rear-view mirror. He’s likely to look much better to the public, even the Dems, once they fully process their trauma.

3 Likes