Trump - when will the obsession stop?

Assuming he leaves his position. It doesn’t look like he will concede any time soon.

Yes, it’s all a bit premature yet.

It would be very helpful if we could finally identify any and all sources of voter fraud. If we can’t manage to prevent voter fraud anytime soon, then perhaps we can at least quarantine the votes that originate from these sources for 2024.

1 Like

Or maybe one day the cultish attraction will fade and his supporters will realize that character matters, and you can’t separate the policies (“well I like his policies”) from the man. That is was not just his tweets that were annoying but the fact that he alienated and insulted everyone around him preventing him from getting anything done. Not to mention he couldn’t find Puerto Rico on a map. :joy:

Mayhaps you need a Jimmy Dore type to explain to you how you’ve been fooled?

1 Like

The great Ctrl Alt Del. No thanks.

250K+ dead and the worst economic performance since the great depression, and I’m the one who’s been fooled. Right…ever hire someone for a job? Did you look at their resume before you hired them?

I don’t know what makes you think history will look kindly on him. Do you think people will look back and go “wow Taiwan’s response to covid was terrible. Trump’s response is the example we should follow.” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

The fascist one, where he dictated what the state governors should do? Or, perhaps you’re talking about his indecision based on faulty information? The leader you want is the one who would do what you would in a like situation. Taking into account everything that was happening in January of this year, what would you have done? U.S. state leaders sat back and waited for Trump to make the wrong decision it’s sad that you don’t see it for what it is.

Yes, his description was most definitely unhinged.

So who’s in for a subscription to Trump TV? :sweat_smile: :fire:

I’d pay 99 cents/month if Giuliani gets his own hour-long program called The Drip with Rudy.

1 Like

I thought he tried that before. NFL wouldn’t want anything to do with him and XFL was a lost cause.

He doesn’t need a sports team, I doubt he could even afford a major league team atm. Using your comparison to Berlusconi, AC Milan already had their basis, they didn’t gain or lose any fans because of him.

Personally, I don’t think Trump will do much after his presidency. But his inner circle certainly will not hold still. Kushner, Trump Jr., Ivanka and others sponsored by very rich men will keep Trumpism alive and try everything to make a comeback in 2024.

There are standard practices for responding to a pandemic. I’ve already answered this in another thread. You’ve been lead to believe nothing can be done and it’s all the states’ fault. Nobody sat back, people thought the federal government was doing its job as it has in response to every other infectious disease. Little did they realize how far the brain drain went with Trump purging the “deep state”. You will not be rewarded for your steadfast loyalty to incompetence.

Fascist? Responding to a national crisis with a national plan is fascist now? Lol I’ll bet you’ll change your tune with the first crisis Biden faces. Listening to the hypocrisy and constant apologizing for incompetence is exhausting. As I said, there is no way history will look kindly on this. People said the same thing about Bush and by in large Iraq is still seen as a huge mistake. His image has improved only in contrast to Trump! So Trump’s best bet is someone worse and more incompetent comes along…god help us. MAGA!

3 Likes

Except that none of those things listed actually do much good - or, at least, their impact is highly dependent on implementation and circumstances, as I’ve tried to show with published research elsewhere.

Note the phrasing here: “there are many things we can do”. Yes there are many things we can do. That’s not the same as doing something useful.

It’s easy to take jabs at Trump and say “what a complete and utter shambles that was” (and it was). But looking at how other countries have performed, with their highly-varied responses but very similar infections/deaths endpoints, it’s a mistake to assume that a different president would have achieved a radically different result.

1 Like

There are but if one side keeps stalling such as the GOP does right now and the WH, not much can be done to change anything.

That’s just denial at it’s best. Yes, this pandemic is a very fluid situation which as a decision maker requires the utmost respect. Yet, Trump has preferred from day 1 to not make it his responsibility. After the election he basically gave the F-finger to his office and refused to do anything productive. Some would even dare to say there’s a scorched earth policy in Trump’s administration.

The COVID-19 situation has been very interesting in that it reveals the way that world power structures actually work, as opposed to how people think they work, or how the government portrays itself.

In the case of the USA, I find it odd that so many people even gave a rat’s ass what the President thinks about matters outside of his expertise. The structure of government is supposed to be such that executive power cannot be concentrated in such a manner than one person can do widespread damage. While everyone’s blaming Trump, the fact is that all Americans are to blame. Those with the official capacity and scientific understanding to manage the pandemic did not step up to the plate. The uneducated rabble took over the public dialog. Various media channels decided to spout ill-informed nonsense. In short, not enough people told the POTUS to STFU and let his people do what they’re paid to do.

And here we are. Biden is taking over a situation which is now basically unfixable. There are some things he can do - for example, as I’ve said elsewhere, he can perhaps tell Americans to stop being fat and lazy if they want to survive a (potential) COVID-19 infection. Lockdowns etc are not going to help. I’m curious to see whether he can instill a bit of good old-fashioned American fortitude, or whether he’ll just follow the same old failed strategies that everyone else is pursuing.

3 Likes

Yeah, good luck with that one.

2 Likes

At least it’s a personal choice, though, which is what people are asking for. Why not just spell out what the choice actually is? If you’re unhealthy, diabetic, etc, you have (at least) a threefold risk of dying compared to someone who doesn’t eat pizza in front of the TV every night. For people with excellent cardiovascular and metabolic heath, the risk is vanishingly small. If people want to take the risk, let them. If they don’t, then at least they have the right information.

cute words. The fact is that Trump knowingly diminished the threat of Covid19. He downplayed and ridiculed the role of masks and social distancing.

That’s up to the eye of the beholder. But to quote this forum’s great mod:

1 Like

So you disagree on principle, but don’t know why, or can’t explain why. No wonder you’re getting bored.

3 Likes

I’m not in this thread, but I would consider that sound advice to others when applied to you.

As for Trump, he’s going to be gone soon, the sooner people drop their unhealthy obsession over him the better.