Trustworthy? Inn Apartments Taipei

Looks like for NT$30,000, you can get a windowless room in a shared apartment.

Also, either they made up the American guy and his testimonial, the American guy has no idea how to speak comprehensible English, or they did an awful job of transferring what he said onto their website. From the testimonial:

Favorite Taiwanese cuisine: the beef noodle!

“The beef noodle”? Not “beef noodles” (no “the” and remembering to add “-s”?). I don’t think I’ve ever even met anyone in Taiwan that thinks “the” goes in front of “beef noodles”.

Reviews:

“I’d always get very timely responses by the INN-Taipei staff. Which means from 9 am to 7 pm, I think it’s the window, which is so quiet long. They have that long of a ten hours a day you can ask questions.”

Yes, because it’s important to draw attention to the “quiet long” time you can contact staff in a serviced apartment (which is technically a hotel, which you should be getting 24 hour service for), but he’s happy that “They have that long of a ten hours a day you can ask questions.” Yes, definitely a real person…

Just based on the poor English of their (I’m assuming) fake American’s reviews, I’d look elsewhere. Then add to that if they have a fake American on there, what else is fake? It’s like they’re using a failure-in-all-ways-but-marketing franchised cram school in Taiwan’s methods to promote housing for foreigners…

Edit here instead of editing everything else in the post: I watched the video and the “fake American” appears to be a real person who speaks like any other random American thrown in front of a camera to talk about themself. But, given what he said in the video, I’m even more inclined to believe that he didn’t write any of the written text in his testimonial.

4 Likes