TSA forces woman to remove nipple ring before she can fly

Amazing story of the TSA forcing a woman to remove her nipple ring (with pliers) before allowing her to fly. Have they gone crazy over there in the USA??

airliners.net/discussions/ge … n/3905700/

“Ma’am, I’m sorry. We have reason to believe that your nipple piercings have become inhabited by the presence of tiny, microscopic terrorists. We cannot, I repeat, cannot allow you to board until they are removed.”

I wonder if they would object to clit jewelry.

Yes, apparently they are going nuts in the US. I do wonder sometimes if I’ll be able to handle it upon my return. But this was in Texas – they seem to be especially nutty there (home to George Bush, 1/2 the executions in the US, plenty of bible thumpers trying to replace the teaching of evolution with bible studies, crazy mommies murdering babies, one dumb-fuck Governor (Perry), etc.).

Incidentally, it’s interesting to see what the nipple-ring-wearer looks like. I never would’ve guessed. Looks more like a prudish librarian to me. In the future I may be thinking devious thoughts about more women I meet, wondering if they’ve got wild and naughty secrets beneath a bland facade.

f-ckingc-nts.com/ramble/10-t … hould-know

[quote]If you cover your face with piercing jewelry, you may not be able to find a job. This also goes for doing weird things to your hair, and getting tattoos in conspicuous places. And for fuck’s sake, don’t give me any bullshit about “freedom of expression”, you little dumbass. You go right ahead and express yourself all you want, but body modification is not a constitutionally protected belief system. They can’t not hire you for being a Jew, but they certainly can not hire you for looking like a fucking freak. (caveat: I have both piercings and tattoos … nothing against tattoos, piercings or fucking freaks. Just don’t whine about it when you’re treated like one.)
[/quote]

This one is pretty funny:

[quote]
A couple of years ago I dared a guy I was dating to wear his metal cock ring through security. Sure enough, he had to go behind the screen, reach in his fly, and take it off. The funniest part… when he walked back around to go through screening, a burly female TSA rep stood in front of him and stared as if asking for what he removed. So he extended his hand and placed it in hers. It took the woman a second to connect the dots… the look on her face was priceless! [/quote]

airliners.net/discussions/ge … n/3905700/

What part of “No metal objects” didn’t she understand ?

Personally, I think people should be heavily discriminated against for shoving metal into their pink bits so I’m very happy about this news. I’m sure it’s only a mental association because I really can’t recall this ever happening, but for some reason my fillings tingle when I see pierced bits.

HG

That’s total bollox (the rule, not you, BFM). Wedding rings… earrings, metal fillings, zips on trousers… (the list is endless)… they all go through without a problem. . She could’ve just shown the piercings to a female TSA idiot.

The point is to make sure nothing dangerous is carried on board. Are nipple rings dangerous?

That fucking place is fucked (pardon my French).

Sooner that dickhead of a president is out the better.

Tried and failed:

Evidently so, but it’s good to know that belly button rings aren’t:

I think the point is make sure no unidentified metal objects make it past security. If it can’t be displayed in situ (as in the case of a nipple ring) then the airport security personnel have every right to ask the passenger to produce the object for inspection. Makes perfect sense to me.

If she offered to show it to a female officer, that should have been enough to satisfy them. Unless the rule is that all piercings must be removed so you look clean to a metal detector. But http://www.packinglight.net/plight/text_1.asp?tx_id=62 doesn’t seem to imply that, it says “Be aware that any metal detected at the checkpoint must be identified”, and “Hidden items such as body piercings may result in a pat-down inspection. You may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to the pat-down search.” I’m not sure what a pat-down inspection involves exactly or how intrusive it is.

I still say that taking metal into metal detectors is asking for trouble and I shouldn’t be allowed to take anything dangerous on just because I hid it somewhere sensitive.

I was busted recently for attempting to carry an extremely hazardous substance onto a plane…

WATER.

I’m so happy the authorities are now protecting us from those dangerous water-wielding terrorists… :unamused:

From the article linked by MT:

[quote]On its Web site, the TSA warns that passengers “may be additionally screened because of hidden items such as body piercings, which alarmed the metal detector.”

“If you are selected for additional screening, you may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to a pat-down search,” the site says.

Hamlin would have accepted a “pat-down” had it been offered, Allred said.

If an alarm does sound, “until that is resolved, we’re not going to let them go through the checkpoint, no matter what they’re wearing or where they’re wearing it,” said TSA spokesman Dwayne Baird in Salt Lake City.

People routinely pass through security wearing wedding rings without problems, and it might take a larger bit of metal to trigger an alarm, Baird said.[/quote]

Agree, but if you do show them the piercing then that should be ok IMO. They can use the hand-held scanners to check that there is no other item hidden elsewhere.

I once saw down a Singapore Girl’s top whilst she explained a particularly difficult menu item to me. Never underestimate the power of boobies to ancapapacitate an airline passenger. Um.

I carried a knife in my pocket from Taiwan to Manchester on two separate occasions. I forgot it was there.

And I feel it’s important to humiliate people with silly piercings.

I carried a knife in my pocket from Taiwan to Manchester on two separate occasions. I forgot it was there. Sometimes they care, sometimes they don’t. Funny thing is, they x-rayed my flipflops on one of those occasions.

And I feel it’s important to humiliate people with silly piercings.

[quote=“Buttercup”]
And I feel it’s important to humiliate people with silly piercings.[/quote]
So important in fact, that you had to post it twice.

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Buttercup”]
And I feel it’s important to humiliate people with silly piercings.[/quote]
So important in fact, that you had to post it twice.[/quote]

Not my fault. The intraweb done it.

I wonder if they’d make me remove the 5 inch metal pin / spike that’s inside my bone.
:noway: