Tsai Ing-wen Again

This is the kind of thing I’m talking about.

We’re so deeply troubled! Do you think China cares?

U.S. has threatened to cut CCP leaders off from the world financial system.

It’s obvious that the Tsai administration faces considerable geopolitical challenges. How will Tsai respond to them in her second term? J Michael Cole, posting again at Taiwan Sentinel, speculates on what lies ahead:

https://sentinel.tw/tsai-second-term-cross-strait/

Guy

1 Like

The number of traditional DPP supporters who become suspicious of her, based on her remark ‘whatever it takes to have a meeting with Xi’, is growing.

She may be clandestinely in heart a pro-annexation Sino-chauvinist.

Thanks for a laugh. It’s good to get some entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.

Guy

1 Like

Her supporters always use snarking remarks, rather than sincere counter arguments, to respond to any suspicion about Tsai’s Manchurian candidacy.

Love the compelling evidence you’re providing. Keep it coming. :popcorn:

Guy

Chris Horton writing at Bloomberg: “It’s hard to find a world leader who’s had a better 2020 than Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-21/china-s-war-rhetoric-pushes-taiwan-to-boost-u-s-economic-ties

Guy

She made the cover of Time again too:

7 Likes

The coverage in Time looks great—until you dig in and see that the person who nominated her is (wait for it) Texas Senator Ted Cruz. :face_vomiting:

Guy

2 Likes

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

With the Ted Cruz connection, I guess the best I can say is that the enemy of your enemy is . . . your friend?

Guy

We take what we can get.

2 Likes

Ted Cruz does whatever the Taiwan lobby asks of him.

1 Like

She made the list of the 100 most influential people in the world. So did Chi Chia-wei, a gay-rights advocate who pushed the case for same-sex marriage.
Meanwhile, Emmy-award winning Schitt’s Creek is censored on MOD because it covers Southeast Asia and they are not allowed to mention anything about gays. The grand finale as broadcast was about 20 minutes out of the hour special, because the centerpiece was about a gay wedding and they had to cut every reference to it

Ted Cruz has been a friend of Taiwan forever. Unlike Trump, he is principled.

1 Like

:rofl:

Guy

1 Like

The fact that he made top 100 most influential people in the world is the most laughable thing I have heard this year. They need a tournament for the most irrelevant Time 100 nominees of all time and I bet he would win that on a cake walk.

Chi was apparently nominated by President Tsai.

Given his persistent history of activism and trying to make Taiwan a better place, I have no problem with that.

Guy

1 Like

I’m not saying he sucks or anything, but in what way is he influential to the world? He’s not even influential in Taiwan in 2020. Gay marriage was legalised in 2019.

You made the rookie mistake of taking Time magazine seriously.