Tsai Ing-wen Again

The m word they are calling him is not exactly man…

1 Like

Moron?

1 Like

Misogynist?

I’m just twisting it to show how easy it is to throw back his shit.

What part of “American beef and pork” don’t you understand, Madame President?
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2019/12/10/2003727283

If you’re a fan of Wu Nien-jen (吳念真), you might check out his recent video promoting Tsai’s 2020 re-election bid:

What do forumosans think?

Guy

2 Likes

It’s nice to see positive political ads, and it’s done well. Wu shows Taigi is a beautiful language.

2 Likes

A wealth of Taiwanese words with pronunciations and script to learn from.

1 Like

Tsai has begun her second term as President effective May 20, 2020. What lies ahead?

Donovan Smith at Ketagalan Media parses Tsai’s 2020 Inaugural Address to look for clues:

Guy

1 Like

Huh?
Her speech was 80% on economics, which he completely skipped over.

1 Like

Also, he didn’t mention that Soong was on the front row.

You just can’t get rid of that guy Soong
He is probably still angling for president one day

I’m not sure he’s good or bad

1 Like

Lev Nachman

2 Likes

Good interview.

Tsai needs to get on the phone with EU states, I’m still reading that even the most wealthy countries like France are still lacking in PPE for medical workers. This is something Taiwan can help with now.

1 Like

Accidentally watched this speech of the first inauguration. Interesting to examine the problems she outlined:

1. Pension system will be broken if not reformed.
  2. Taiwan’s OEM model has reached a bottleneck.
  3. Young people need to be given more hope.

She was pretty bleak.

1 Like

I think people are more hopeful now as Taiwan has shown it’s a competent country while the rest of the world is struggling. It blows my mind that Italy, a country that is the #1 manufacturer in the EU, can’t re-purpose their empty factories to make PPE. It’s so bad that groceries pass out plastic bags…as gloves right now.

I just watch the minister of finance for France do an interview, his view with Germany is to move away from reliance from China. Taiwan has shown it’s a competent country to partner with. And more importantly, a willing partner and ally that has democratic values. Tsai needs to push this as EU moves to get away from over reliance on China like they’ve been doing.

3 Likes

I don’t have any confidence in Europe either. They often have better intentions than Americans, but have no teeth.

Well. They(Politicians) have teeth, they just don’t wanna use them. Last time they used them, the whole continent burned down.

So that’s why all they do is finger wag.

These are politicians that are clinging desperately to the idea of peace at all costs. It’s been 30 years since as-true-as-possible peace for the first time began in a continent that saw wars, conquering, division and bloodshed for thousands of years.

2 Likes

Thanks for the backgrounder.

1 Like